Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Hot Toys ESB Darth Vader

It locks down, but not that secure as you make it sound. And it is not just a few of us, but on other boards and FB groups too. With museum putty it won't move anymore
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

Guess I got lucky.
    Imaginaut

Can you touch Vader's helmet, move his head from side to side and rotate it, by holding on the dome, and the dome is not moving one bit, like it is a Lego connection? If so then yes your Vader helmet has a good connection.
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Sergiu View Post
    Can you touch Vader's helmet, move his head from side to side and rotate it, by holding on the dome, and the dome is not moving one bit, like it is a Lego connection? If so then yes your Vader helmet has a good connection.
    Yup.

When I first got it and put the helmet on, it felt like what everyone was describing but I just pressed it in more firmly and it popped in place and is solid. It also sits above his brow perfectly, which is something that concerned me after some pictures I saw of people that, looked to me, did not press it in firmly enough. It's a bit scary but mine, at least, seemed to designed to pop in firmly with a little effort. I've popped it off and on a few times and duplicated the experience so... I got lucky.
    Imaginaut

Congrats then!
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

This is probably a lame question...but...I purchased the last one of these remaining at the Disney Launch Bay store. I am also having trouble with the helmet staying on, and the alternate hands staying secure. The alternate hands just...fall off and I put quite a bit of effort into getting them to snap on securely.

Any advice?
    Last edited by Darth_V4der; 05-18-2019 at 07:57 PM.
    There's always a bigger fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_V4der View Post
    This is probably a lame question...but...I purchased the last one of these remaining at the Disney Launch Bay store. I am also having trouble with the helmet staying on, and the alternate hands staying secure. The alternate hands just...fall off and I put quite a bit of effort into getting them to snap on securely.

Any advice?
    You could try to tighten the grip of the port in the gloves by heating it up with a hair dryer and manipulating it. Then immediately run it under cold water to keep its shape. You could try doing this off the peg and on the wrist peg and see what works better.

Another option might be using those thin foam pads that are in the packaging. Just cut one down and place it over the wrist peg before inserting it just to make it tighter.

The first option is probably best though. I've done it myself and it has worked.

For the helmet, maybe this has been mentioned somewhere in this thread but how about floor polish? Just apply some floor polish to the inner port and the part of the mask that connects and see if that tightens it. I got very lucky with mine and have no issues but I would imagine that could work to at least keep it on a bit better.
    Last edited by movieman78; 05-20-2019 at 11:41 AM.
    Imaginaut

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112