Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney Toybox

Disney Toybox

There doesn't seem to be a thread for this, so I figured I'd leave it here. Thoughts on the new line?

I opened up Kylo so far. Overall...eh. Aesthetics wise they fit right in with the Infinity style but aren't the same scale. They actually don't really fit in any current scale. The articulation is great though. Kylo has a removable hood. For kids and Disneyana collectors these will be great. Affordable and stylized toys of great Disney characters in a consistent scale is a great idea.
    Last edited by HothHan; 11-05-2017 at 10:20 AM.

Was really looking forward to picking up the 3 Star Wars ones but after seeing how their not in scale with the other infinity figures I'm a little turned off. Although Im still tempted to grab the Stormtrooper, I'm probably gonna hold off till they show the next wave of figures. They look fantastic but I'm not thrilled about them being in their own scale if that makes any sense.

I thought it was cool that Disney decided to do animated figures, since Hasbro left the Rebels line hanging, however the scale is a big issue for me. I stick to 3.75 figures, so 5 inch animated really doesn't fit with the rest of my collection. If they release a character I love, I might grab it, but much like the Hasbro 6 inch line, I likely wont get into it.

Yakface has a nice comparison photo:

http://yakfaceforums.com/main/2017/1...le-comparison/

Thanks for the link.
    While they may be great figures, I also only collect 3.75 compatible figures.

I picked up Rey and two FO Stormtroopers so far and they are awesome. If you like animated style and the Disney Infinity look then these figures are a must have. I used to collect CW 3.75, but these Toybox figures I like a lot more. They are made with a hard plastic and have nice articulation. Wished that the Stormtroopers would rotate.
    Disney Store gave me a 25% off coupon for the 9-12 that I’m going to use to get the rest of these figures.

I picked up 2 Stormtroopers, Rey, Kylo Ren, Buzz Lightyear, Woody, Jessie, Iron Man, Thor, and Hulk and I would have gotten Spider-man because he was sitting in the back and was even told that he was back there in a sealed box but they got word the day before to not put Spider-man out but gave no reasons to anyone. I bet it got recalled.

A little bummed about the scale, was hoping these were 4 inch. I already ordered a set, so I guess I'll see how I feel when I have them in hand.

The scale of these figures is really the only thing holding me back from getting these. I may swing by the Disney store today and see them in person.

So I was reading a little bit about the sequel to Wreck-It Ralph that comes out in 2018. In addition to the video game characters and cameos from the first movie...the film is also going to feature all of the Disney Princesses, Iron Man and Gamora from Marvel movies, and C-3PO, R2-D2, Yoda, and Princess Leia from Star Wars. I figure if this line continues to Fall 2018 we will probably get those characters too because of the cross promotion opportunity. They would have to create a 4th category of just "Disney Toybox" as none of the non Marvel or Star Wars fall under Pixar but seriously I am sure they were going to do that anyway eventually if this line last.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast