Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: CAi Threnalli

Definitely picking up a few of these to make a squadron of them, plus a custom of Etsy
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

Atoning by charging collectors for what they should've gotten originally so now we have 2 of essentially the same figure. I don't care that the name is different, it's the same.

At least ewoks have different fur and such. If they cared they'd give us this species but as a civilian or something, this is a straight cash grab with minimal effort.

It doesn't bother me at all that they are making this figure. It looks the way Asty should have been, and I feel like Hasbro is doing this one to make up for the terrible banana visor
    "We have hope. Rebellions are built on hope." -Jyn Erso, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Quote Originally Posted by JynForce View Post
    It doesn't bother me at all that they are making this figure. It looks the way Asty should have been, and I feel like Hasbro is doing this one to make up for the terrible banana visor
    They are - they know they fkd up royally and made the TFA pilots look cheap. They should offer replacement heads and helmets for all the TFA pilots they botched.

Quote Originally Posted by indysolo007 View Post
    One thing I do not understand. Paige has this flightsuit that looks dirtied and gritty yet Poe and this character seems to have to wash at all on the orange. Looks far more realistic (even as a 5poa figure) with a little grit to it.
    Paige has a different flightsuit from the Resistance X-wing pilots. Her flightsuit is more yellow, and she's been identified as a Resistance Gunner. Presumably on one of the Resistance Bombers that we've seen in the trailers. It seems like Finn may also suit up as a Gunner on one of the bombers as seen in the BTS reel that was released in July. And if you look at Paige in the BTS reel you'll see that she's in a ball turret and has a flightsuit that's yellow, much like Finn's.

In the OT we saw different flight suits on pilots for various assignments. The U-wing pilots had blue squadron flight suits in ROGUE ONE. And in ROTJ the X-wing pilots had orange flight suits, the Y-wing pilots were in grey, A-wing pilots wore green and B-wing pilots had red flight suits. I think similar methodology is probably in use in the ST, since we've seen different flight suit colors for X-wing pilots, at least one A-wing pilot and the Resistance Bomber crews.

Quote Originally Posted by indysolo007 View Post
    One thing I do not understand. Paige has this flightsuit that looks dirtied and gritty yet Poe and this character seems to have to wash at all on the orange. Looks far more realistic (even as a 5poa figure) with a little grit to it.
    Because it's been stated before that she's a "gunner" not a "Pilot", so there likely is a difference for a reason.

I'll probably get one or two, one to make a better Asty and the other for a Custom Jedi!
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

I guess Paige's suit is just a different colour from Poe, Asty and this dude, not an attempt to make it look aged. The latter are all X-Wing pilots, Paige is gunner for a Resistance Bomber. Likewise, Tallie has a different coloured jumpsuit and the Rebels in RotJ all had different suits for different fighter types.

I agree the colour chosen helps sell Paige's WWII gritty look (big part of her appeal) while this one is more remniscent of the bright orange ace pilots of the OT
    UPDATED! Check out my handy worksheet, listing every 1/18th release from 1978 till now
    Easily filtered on source, line, type, product, character name, species and category. Updated till 10-7-2018
    http://www.filedropper.com/rushiesrebelscumfile

Somehow completely missed there was a second page and already two replies regarding Paige's suit, whoops!

The head of C'ai would indeed be great for any custom based on the other members of their species. That's one saving grace of the 5Poa figures starting with TFA, at least the heads are ball joints...
    UPDATED! Check out my handy worksheet, listing every 1/18th release from 1978 till now
    Easily filtered on source, line, type, product, character name, species and category. Updated till 10-7-2018
    http://www.filedropper.com/rushiesrebelscumfile

Just a tad disappointed that Hasbro goes the extra mile with this figure and adds separate straps/harness to it while Poe's are still moulded to his legs. I'll for sure be getting this figure, hopefully Hasbro will repaint it as Asty in the near future. They may as well update Poe and Snap to the new gold standard for 5POA pilots that has been set with C’Ai Threnalli.

Great news. This is a great background alien, and I've always liked collecting figures of this bizarre & cool-looking obscure characters.

I got the TFA version of this alien, but was disappointed with the non-removable helmet. I considered getting the 6" version (w/the removable helmet) but I don't really collect that line.

So, it will be nice to get this figure w/a removable helmet in the 3 3/4" line.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast