Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thrawn: Alliances by Timothy Zahn

Thrawn: Alliances by Timothy Zahn

Looks like the sequel to Zahn's Thrawn is set to be released tentatively on June 26, 2018.

https://www.amazon.com/Thrawn-Allian...donations09-20

From the Amazon description:

The sequel to New York Times bestseller Thrawn, Thrawn: Alliances will continue to follow the rise of Grand Admiral Thrawn to the heights of Imperial power—and accompany him into the past, witnessing his first encounter with the man who will one day become Darth Vader.

Who's picking this up?
    Last edited by HappyNoodleBoy; 10-15-2017 at 08:19 PM.
    MOC? We don't need no steenkin' cards!
    My Feedback

Picking this up for sure. I do hope it’s an improvement over the first Thrawn book though.

Yeah I'll be picking this one up as well. I wonder what the timeline is while we "follow his rise", and if this means Thrawn will survive Rebels?

From the write up it sounds like Thrawn knows that Vader is Anakin, or am I reading that wrong? That's something I really don't want to see in the new EU. If he meets Anakin, that's one thing, but if he knows who Darth Vader really is, then I'm not so sure. I don't like when they make the SW universe so small.
    Last edited by Trooper31; 11-03-2017 at 10:57 AM.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

Fleet Admiral

Will definitely pick this up and the calendar is marked.
    "Who's scruffy looking!?!?"

MOC? We don't need no steenkin' cards!
    My Feedback

Looking forward to this ....love me some thrawn!!!

While both are written by Zahn, does anyone else think that the Thrawn book was way inferior to the original Thrawn Trilogy?
    But...it is written if the Evil Spirit arms the Tiger with claws, Brahman provided wings for the Dove...Thus spoke the Super Guru

I found it enjoyable enough, but it's far from my favorite of the new canon novels.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast