Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: 4-lom - #67

I've been a Star Wars fan since the late 80s, and I never get their names mixed up. But this may because I never collected the vintage Kenner toys as a kid. Even though, the easiest way, in my opinion, to remember which is which is "Which name makes more sense for a droid? Zuckuss or the hyphenated name beginning with a number?" 4-LOM follows the same rules as C-3PO and R2-D2. It's obviously a droid name.
    "I mean, really, how many times will you look under Jabba's manboobs?" - bkusna

Black Series 6" Wish List: Aemon Gremm, Moff Jerjerrod, Death Star Gunner, Ponda Baba, Dr. Evazan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kooshmeister View Post
    I've been a Star Wars fan since the late 80s, and I never get their names mixed up. But this may because I never collected the vintage Kenner toys as a kid. Even though, the easiest way, in my opinion, to remember which is which is "Which name makes more sense for a droid? Zuckuss or the hyphenated name beginning with a number?" 4-LOM follows the same rules as C-3PO and R2-D2. It's obviously a droid name.
    I did grow up with the Kenner/Palitoy figures, but I never had either of those two, so I never got the mix up. But I agree - the name 4-LOM is clearly a droid name rather than an overgrown caterpillar moth name :-)
    "Without respect - we reject!"

My custom Hoth Rebel Turret thread

It's completely understandable that those of us who grew up with the original Vintage figures still confuse the names of these characters. I clearly remember 4-LOM being listed as the tan, robed alien and Zuckuss as the gray insectoid robot - re: the Kenner figure cards. The obscure aliens/robots were my favorite characters in the OT, so I especially remember liking these characters.

It wasn't until the 1990's that the names were corrected. I remember an article in the Star Wars Galaxy magazine (a '90's SW toy/collectible magazine) that went over, in detail, exactly why the names had gotten screwed up back in the '80's - ha ha.

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839