Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 4-lom - #67

Quote Originally Posted by sith_rising View Post
    Hey don't hate, I still love POTF2 4-LOM.

He's my favorite figure of the character.

Quote Originally Posted by OxnardMontalvo View Post
    Nobody mentioned the articulated elbows.....! I can see a lot of these being bought to upgrade threepio... Which is going to make him even harder to find.
    Are we sure the elbows are articulated?
    Feedback thread
    Don't need a somewhat newer jocular since the older legacy collection hypnosis arena two pack jocular is still great and thing is that do all attack of the Clones Jedi figures really need jedi robes?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Ray View Post
    Are we sure the elbows are articulated?
    Yes. The piston is attached by a ball socket and on a slider. The back piston isn't connected.

• Rest in Peace Drewe Henley. •
    Does the Cantina interest you?

Visit the Cantina Crazies Center! -
    B/S/T Feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by GarvenDreis View Post
    But the lighting made Han's jacket look blue... And I want screen accurate figures, not prop.

Now the can has been opened again!

This is 4-LOM though, he's a Droid. Kenner just screwed up.
    Actually the story I heard was that West End Games (who did the role playing game before they went bust) asked Lucasfilm if they could switch it, and they said yes. Zuckuss was his original name and it didn't matter because the movies didn't have to worry about inconsequential details, but it matters more when you're trying to create a coherent game. So since this guy clearly had a droid body they asked and got the approval. Then they created the backstory for him.
    Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning

I wish we got this figure before 3PO. Then he may have had articulated elbows too.
    Want:
    Black Series 6" Tie Fighter Pilot (not the TFA one)
    My Feedback: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1049653/

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball_Fett View Post
    Actually the story I heard was that West End Games (who did the role playing game before they went bust) asked Lucasfilm if they could switch it, and they said yes. Zuckuss was his original name and it didn't matter because the movies didn't have to worry about inconsequential details, but it matters more when you're trying to create a coherent game. So since this guy clearly had a droid body they asked and got the approval. Then they created the backstory for him.
    This sounds like the dumbest anecdotal fan story I've heard. We are supposed to take the word of some role playing company over Lucasfilm? Kenner has made plenty of coloration mistakes so I wouldn't have put it past them to mix characters. The problem with the debate is that for one it makes no sense when Lucas and others would have kept the droid naming convention and certainly wouldn't have misattributed a droid designation for the first and only time in SW to an obvious alien. First we need proof this ever was a mistake by Lucasfilm and not Kenner. Secondly, it's now inconsequential because the name has been 4-lom correctly for 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball_Fett View Post
    So odd considering 4-LOM is clearly a droid name...and this character is clearly a droid whereas the other (Zuckuss) is clearly not.
    'But I don’t want to go among mad people,’ Alice remarked. ‘Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the Cat: ‘We’re all mad here. I’m mad, you’re mad.’ ‘How do you know I’m mad?’ said Alice. ‘You must be,’ said the Cat, ‘or you wouldn’t have come here.’ - Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

I know this has no bearing on the droid\not droid discussion, i remember hearing a looooong time ago, was that 4 Lom stood for 'For love of money' I take it that's just an urban myth?

Quote Originally Posted by OxnardMontalvo View Post
    I know this has no bearing on the droid\not droid discussion, i remember hearing a looooong time ago, was that 4 Lom stood for 'For love of money' I take it that's just an urban myth?
    Reminds me of one of playable characters in roborally, called ROLL-M 2D (Roll Them 2D)
    "Without respect - we reject!"

My custom Hoth Rebel Turret thread

Anyone know when this wave is supposed to be released?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm on the hunt for a Galoob 4-Lom mini-head. Any leads would be much appreciated.

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast