Thread: The Gifted, on FOX

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Gifted, on FOX

Wow- great premiere episode! I've loved what FOX has done with the X-franchise since the beginning, and this show had great production value and pacing. Between this and Legion, the mutants are pretty well-represented on TV, I think.
    Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Check out the Rebelscum Custom Dioramas Index!

I watched the premiere last night and quite enjoyed it

I liked it as well. I may have liked it more after just having watched Inhumans (sorry that was an awful 2 hours), but it was overall entertaining. Decent acting, decent effects and some recognizable characters. Still think Legion was a lot more fun than this, but I will keep watching if the rest of the series measures up to the pilot.

Legion is better show, but this is more of a traditional type of X-Men show. It's more like the first two movies were, since it's focusing more on the civil rights aspect of the X-Men. I enjoyed it a lot, and it's easily the best new Marvel show to premiere this TV season, though, that may not sound like high praise considering it's only competition in that department so far, is Inhumans, lol.

IDK, kind of felt bland to me. For a Pilot at least. Should have been a little bit more to it, and most of the characters felt uninteresting to me.

Also, it seems that the "Strucker" family is the focal point. I wonder if that name has a meaning, or if they just used it with no relation to Von Strucker?
    It's difficult for me to take the guy who plays Marco in other roles serious, every time i see him I'm reminded of his role on Skins.

Not sure if this one will be on my watch list for much longer.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Still great production value into the second episode. Yeah, I'll want to feel something more for the characters before I love the show, but it has the right "feel" for a "mutie" show!
    Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Check out the Rebelscum Custom Dioramas Index!