Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Gifted, on FOX

Yeah, while this show is not terribly unique in a crowded field of film/tv comic book franchises, it manages to be fairly "realistic" compared to something like Gotham. You don't feel the need to criticize the character reactions or events as being over-the-top, inappropriate or shark-jumping.
    Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Check out the Rebelscum Custom Dioramas Index!

I am digging this show. It’s right up there with the flash.

I kind of had this feeling early on, that the Bother & Sister would use their powers together. While he show is decent, I do find it weird watching Mutants as the underdog. I'm so used to the X-men, living in a Mansion and being somewhat feared/revered etc. So this setting of them being in hiding, and more of a rag-tag group instead of organized. As well as Sentinel Serves being so powerful, is a new one for me.

Also seems that Polaris is being portrayed rather low key, I always thought that she rivaled her Father in her abilities?
    And that this must take place before she met Havok?
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

This show taught me I've been mispronouncing Polaris for years.

How so? There are only two ways to pronounce it, right? A and AH, depending on where you're from and how you speak.
    It's really no different than a name that has been spelled the same for 100 years, until one day you see it spelled differently because someone wants to be unique.
    We all pronounce things differently due to our dialect.

always pronounced it Polar us.

This has become my favorite Fall show, not a mega surprise hit but good production value and pacing. We finally see the Strucker connection in the family's last name (never thought I'd see the Fenris twins in TV or film!). Funny, like the 2 Quicksilvers that are technically the same but have to be different due to the Marvel Studios/FOX rights issues, the Strucker family is similarly "shared" (though they belong more with the Avengers/Cap property, just as Quicksilver belongs more with the FOX mutant property).
    Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Check out the Rebelscum Custom Dioramas Index!

Thought the finale was pretty good and something finally happened. I've liked the show but felt it got pretty stagnant in the middle and latter parts of the season. Mutant gets taken, then rescued, hang out in delipidated mansion,struckers leave, struckers come back.

Yeah not a bad finale, though a bit predictable. That's what kind o bothers me, they lay it out so you see it coming a mile away. They should set it up so it "seems" that's where the character is going, then do a 180. That's how it felt with the Kids, he was gung-ho she wasn't. Then when they actually combined, she let it consume her an he broke off. I get that this show is about the non X-Men characters, but the show feels like it needs a Leader character really bad.

The also should explain exactly what happened to the experienced Mutants, so that we can understand why it is this way now.

I'm curious about that as well. Also how is it the X-Men are apparently killed by a human threat but the mutants in the show somehow can survive? Hopefully the show goes full on road movie now. I always felt like they were too comfortable in the mansion and couldn't quite get why Sentinel Services hadn't found them before then.
    Last edited by DarkManX; 01-18-2018 at 01:52 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast