Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sheev Palpatine/Darth Sidious Anthology Film?

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick10126 View Post
    I'd love a palpatine movie....him building his dream home on the beaches of naboo, dealing with environmental protestors and getting involved in politics.
    XD Robot Chicken Palpatine is the BEST Palpatine!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthTyrannosaur View Post
    XD Robot Chicken Palpatine is the BEST Palpatine!
    Gungans aren't endangered they breed like guppies!
    “What’s a Star War?”

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick10126 View Post
    Gungans aren't endangered they breed like guppies!
    I seriously love his portrayal in Robot Chicken. Seth MacFarlane does a wonderful job.

Also I came across this today that I thought was coincidental as we are talking about it here. Actually seemed to be reported on the 22nd, but honestly I didn't see it until today. Heh.

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/0...the-last-jedi/

Glad to know he wants to keep going and keep playing the character!

All this talk of him having a "tragic backstory"...I'll tell you what would be truly 'tragic"...if they do make a film about him and actually call him Sheev Palaptine! I don't care if tha name is EU, Legends, canon, or if George Lucas himself made it up, it's terrible! He was always be just "Palpatine" to me...like Sting or Cher or Madonna. Just "PALAPTINE"
    Feedback thread
    Don't need a somewhat newer jocular since the older legacy collection hypnosis arena two pack jocular is still great and thing is that do all attack of the Clones Jedi figures really need jedi robes?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Ray View Post
    All this talk of him having a "tragic backstory"...I'll tell you what would be truly 'tragic"...if they do make a film about him and actually call him Sheev Palaptine! I don't care if tha name is EU, Legends, canon, or if George Lucas himself made it up, it's terrible! He was always be just "Palpatine" to me...like Sting or Cher or Madonna. Just "PALAPTINE"
    Yep - I also agree: it’s a lame-duck name, which makes Snoke sound like a perfect moniker, by comparison.

To be frank: I’m not that keen on a palps backstory movie...
    Last edited by saddestmoon; 01-10-2018 at 12:13 AM.

umm, Palps backstory has been done people, hello??? ..get the Plagueis novel if the PT didn't do it for ya, but I'd be shocked to see much attention go to this.
    Last edited by jpolli666; 01-10-2018 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jpolli666 View Post
    umm, Palps backstory has been done people, hello??? ..get the Plagueis novel if the PT didn't do it for ya, but I'd be shocked to see much attention go to this.
    That novel hasn't been ushered into accepted canon. Technically it's still legends. Though I would love to see it adapted as an Anthology film.

hmmm, well is it? ....still alotta fuzz on what they deem canon, we know it was part of the EU purge, but I'd say it's timeline/era and it's fairly recent release would allow it clearance, can't see why his story would be changed at all. I'm sure there's plenty of tales that are technically unscathed, they simply won't do us the favor of spelling it out for us. We know post ROTJ is dead, and soon Solo like R1 will change some things... (or, maybe just add stuff?)-they will only rewrite what they choose or need to as we've seen.
    Last edited by jpolli666; 01-10-2018 at 08:40 AM.

Every post-acquisition printing gives it the legends banner and it's not counted among timeline in canon books so I'd say it's definitively non-canon until they say otherwise.

thats kinda was i was getting at......

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast