Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Poe's Boosted X-Wing & Poe Dameron (TRU)

I really don't like when a design concept that work perfectly has a big gun added on to it or in this case a fifth thruster - and is considered all new. It seems like lazy design work. It seems like something a toy company would do. Re-sell last years transformer by including a new gun that also transforms into a small robot. And it breaks the imaginary reality of the movies. Is it realistic to think there is room to just add a new thruster on the back of an X-wing? What was already in that part of the ship? Surely not dead space. Can it just be removed and still work. Why not give us a new X-wing all together?

Maybe I'll absolutely love this in the movie. For now it's just a toy I can skip.

Quote Originally Posted by JediDelight View Post
    Is it realistic to think there is room to just add a new thruster on the back of an X-wing? What was already in that part of the ship? Surely not dead space.
    Don'r know what all that is, but looks like it could legitimately accommodate a booster.

It is the mission of each true Jedi Knight... His duty... nay, his privilege!
    To dream, the impossible dream... To fight, the uneatable foe... To reach the unreachable star!
    This is my quest, to follow that star. No matter how hopeless, no matter how far.

Quote Originally Posted by DonWanKihotay View Post
    Don'r know what all that is, but looks like it could legitimately accommodate a booster.

I don't remember the Hasbro one having rear landing gear???

I really don't like when a design concept that work perfectly has a big gun added on to it or in this case a fifth thruster - and is considered all new. It seems like lazy design work. .
    I'll be more curious how Fry and Remillard (Incredible Cross Sections) will modify this. To me, it's like putting a third warp nacelle on a Federation starship. (And yes, it went against Gene's rule, but not George if he had one to begin with).
    A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. -George Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I don't remember the Hasbro one having rear landing gear???
    Never suggested this was the Hasbro one.
    If you bother to read what I quoted, he's talking about justifying the booster addition for the design of the ship in the movie, and he asked if it was "realistic" based on what was back there.
    The Revell model more accurately depicts that.
    To dream, the impossible dream... To fight, the uneatable foe... To reach the unreachable star!
    This is my quest, to follow that star. No matter how hopeless, no matter how far.

Never suggested this was the Hasbro one.
    If you bother to read what I quoted, he's talking about justifying the booster addition for the design of the ship in the movie, and he asked if it was "realistic" based on what was back there.
    The Revell model more accurately depicts that.
    Lol... really... ???

I simply asked as I don't have one, and if I asked, it's cause you never stated within the reply of the picture it's the hasbro one nor the reveal one.

Love how the one they use in the ad has warped cannons
    Want:
    Black Series 6" Tie Fighter Pilot (not the TFA one)
    My Feedback: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1049653/

I really don't like when a design concept that work perfectly has a big gun added on to it or in this case a fifth thruster - and is considered all new. It seems like lazy design work. It seems like something a toy company would do. Re-sell last years transformer by including a new gun that also transforms into a small robot. And it breaks the imaginary reality of the movies. Is it realistic to think there is room to just add a new thruster on the back of an X-wing? What was already in that part of the ship? Surely not dead space. Can it just be removed and still work. Why not give us a new X-wing all together?

Maybe I'll absolutely love this in the movie. For now it's just a toy I can skip.
    Totally agree. Why would an X-Wing need a booster anyway since it's already got a hyperdrive and a repulsor lift for anti-gravitic propulsion. With both of those two systems, shouldn't it have as much speed or lift for atmospheric or space travel as it will ever need for any possible situation? Unless there is some explanation that is logical and well thought out for this thing in the film, then it's just really bordering on the absurd, especially since we haven't seen any other fighters in universe in any other prior film using a booster. That's something that just sticks out like a sore thumb for me since we're going off 40 plus years of this story. Crazy. And don't you just love the fact that Hasbro used warped cannons on that X-Wing for that photo. I guess they're preparing everybody for getting warped parts in this re-release. Hopefully for those who will buy this and want straight, unwarped cannons, Hasbro's customer service team will offer them like they did for the TFA release.

Quote Originally Posted by Deak_Starkiller View Post
    I'll be more curious how Fry and Remillard (Incredible Cross Sections) will modify this. To me, it's like putting a third warp nacelle on a Federation starship. (And yes, it went against Gene's rule, but not George if he had one to begin with).
    I don't think the move need to be absolutely beholden to the cross sections interpretations, if they want to update a ship.
    That said, looks like that section houses elements that feed into the engines. So adding a booster directly off them doesn't seem unreasonable.
    As far as if there is room or something that would conflict with it, for it, the image I posted above above suggests it would work fine.

But at least they straightened the laser cannons, and changed the rubber nose.

Oh wait no the didn't.

Wait ...Removable helmet! ...of a figure you already have!
    Best retort EVER!!!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast