Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Canto Bight Police Speeder

I'm iffy on this one. I might hold off and wait till after the movie comes out to buy this speeder
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

I'm betting this speeder will be in the movie for the following reasons:
      Spoiler:  
    the chase scene in canto bight that's been heavily rumoured. Finn & Rose on a Fathier (space horse), the tuxedo dudes in their speeder, and the CBPD, all in pursuit

My hunch.

Small Spoiler warning for those who care.

https://ewedit.files.wordpress.com/2017/08/000263242hr.jpg?w=669

New pics from Entertainment Weekly. You can see the Speeders in the lower right hand corner.

Quote Originally Posted by saddestmoon View Post
    I'm betting this speeder will be in the movie for the following reasons:
      Spoiler:  
    the chase scene in canto bight that's been heavily rumoured. Finn & Rose on a Fathier (space horse), the tuxedo dudes in their speeder, and the CBPD, all in pursuit

My hunch.
    I'm betting this speeder will be in the movie for the following reason: an analogue to Bespin Cloud Cars.

I hope they can craft a new and interesting story while staying true to the feel of Star Wars. I really do. I don't want a bad Star Wars movie. But so far, I'm a little worried they're trying to create too many parallels to Empire. And that's a dangerous place to be.

Darker tone = ESB

Main characters in separate locations = Main characters in ESB

Resistance attacked = Rebellion attacked on Hoth

Rey training with Luke = Luke training with Yoda

First Order Heavy Walker = AT-AT

Resistance Ski Speeder = Snowspeeder

Crait (white planet) = Hoth

Canto Blight = Cloud City

Canto Blight Police Speeder = Bespin Cloud Car

Quote Originally Posted by MyenShi View Post
    I'm betting this speeder will be in the movie for the following reason: an analogue to Bespin Cloud Cars.

I hope they can craft a new and interesting story while staying true to the feel of Star Wars. I really do. I don't want a bad Star Wars movie. But so far, I'm a little worried they're trying to create too many parallels to Empire. And that's a dangerous place to be.

Darker tone = ESB

Lot of stretching there.

I see a lot of potential similarities as well.

I'll just be happy to move beyond the planet destroying laser. Last two movies, planet destroying laser....
    “What’s a Star War?”

The description on the back of the speeder's package hints on more screen time compared to the Cloud Cars such a chase scene, but I just hope it's not some sort of comedy relief chase scene to balance out the tone of the movie.
    A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. -George Lucas

To be honest here...I have no idea how it took so long for someone to finally call this out. I absolutely agree. I instantly said, "Oh so there's a new cloud car too? Original!" The only shocker is one pilot. Knowing the state of Star Wars, at least the mainstream episode installments (not so much the solo films), they'll interlock with each other and become twins. Hah!

Darker tone = ESB

So spot on! I know there’s a giant walker battle on a seemingly desolate planet. I know there’s an awful lot of Jedi training sequences and force monologues. I know there’s a luxury resort portion. I’m fairly certain there will be some large lineage reveal at the climax as the narrative is building toward it. So help me God...if Poe or fin is frozen in some magical space substances, I'll want to walk out.

It's the vast majority of The Force Awakens aping A New Hope all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManX View Post
    Lot of stretching there.
    If by stretching you actually mean not remotely stretching...and you might be blind...I'd agree.

I’m just waiting for the Episode 9 announcements of a “new” grotesque….turtle…gangster, a primitive tribe of cute little anthropomorphic…cat…aliens, and Starkiller Base II. Oh but it’s not Return of the Jedi, they’re cats! Not bears! See…*rollseyes*
    'But I don’t want to go among mad people,’ Alice remarked. ‘Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the Cat: ‘We’re all mad here. I’m mad, you’re mad.’ ‘How do you know I’m mad?’ said Alice. ‘You must be,’ said the Cat, ‘or you wouldn’t have come here.’ - Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

my bad.

Only Hoth can be "white"

Only Cloud City has cops

Hoth is the only planet the bad guys are allowed to attack

Only Luke is allowed to be trained

And everybody has to be in the same room

Next thing they're going to do is have Poe flying an X Wing, which is a complete ripoff of Luke flying an X Wing!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast