Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath) Mini Bust

No I won’t be doing that to any of my collectibles either...

i must admit it is fascinating to de how this has been put together. I ordered this one instantly when announced, which shows how cool I thought it was. Like everyone else, I’m happy with how it’s turned out.

Touch wood, I’ve never had the misfortune of shattering a collectible, but have broken and repaired a few. Now that I’ve said that I’m sure to shatter one soon....

I have received a couple of items in the past from GG that were messed up. The Johnston's Boba Fett was one of them, the Ponda Baba statue was the other one. The Johnston's Fett I had to have it exchanged three times. The first sample I received had the hose on his left arm broken off, the second sample was also received with broken fingers. I exchanged it again for a third sample which had the range finder broken, but I kept that one as I was getting tired of the back and forth with the shipping and it was an easy repair. Every time I contacted GG about it , I was told to just send it back to them which I did; never was I told to break it. I think this practice of breaking a collectible into pieces in order to get it exchanged for a new one was first implemented by Sideshow (I had to break my Mythos Obi-Wan into pieces because of a broken arm), and then GG followed that practice. It pains me every time I see this done. In this case with the Emperor's Wrath Vader, however, it's been quite interesting though. We've got to see the internals of the mini bust, so it was like Mini Bust Surgery TV. Plus, now we know that rounded number of 1000 units, like Jedi534 said, is no longer it, but minus one: four even digits... 999.
    Last edited by LightSword; 07-07-2018 at 03:23 PM.
    You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time. You've gotta stand for something or you'll fall for anything.

My Feedback , My Collection

I try to forget the smashing up of my Shoretrooper mini-bust as it’s still a sore subject with me seeing as GG then didn’t replace mine, it’s definitely not a fun thing to do & thankfully a one off experience in my case. I knew a few people who have had to break up Sideshow pieces, it seems such a waste but their decision I guess..., think with prices going ever up it must no longer be cost effective to return things?
    "Look Sir, Droids"

Well I have been lucky so far and not had to return any. But being in the UK, I can see that becoming a real pain quickly. It's not that cheap sending things back and forth across the pond and I'd probably end up paying customs fees several times.

I've had one problem with SS and as you say, they ask you to destroy the statue before they issue a replacement. I remember the limbs being easy to break, but the torso being very solid. But I imagine it'd cost a fortune to have that sent back to them and is probably not worth it.

Commander

I like the idea of this one more than I like the finished product. I don't care for all the glue marks where it's been stuck together, and it would have been nice if they'd used a flickering light inside (like electric tea lights) to simulate the lightening effect.

I think the flickering light would’ve been better, shame that wasn’t thought of sooner or they could’ve maybe made a change..., still happy with mine personally, not noticed any glue marks so may have to have a closer inspection of the bust to see if I’ve missed anything.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

Commander

Quote Originally Posted by kevb0977 View Post
    I think the flickering light wouldíve been better, shame that wasnít thought of sooner or they couldíve maybe made a change..., still happy with mine personally, not noticed any glue marks so may have to have a closer inspection of the bust to see if Iíve missed anything.
    Try just above the control box where torso meets chest, also where the arms meet the chest.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBonas View Post
    Try just above the control box where torso meets chest, also where the arms meet the chest.
    Thanks, just got in so I’m definitely going to have a closer look at this one.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

Quote Originally Posted by kevb0977 View Post
    I do have one area of glue that stands out a mile now Iíve looked for it, not sure how I missed it to be honest either. Just above the chest plate with the lights is a fair amount of glue. Other than that though Iíd say theyíve applied the glue very well, Iím a bit irritated I didnít notice the glue when inspecting the bust but that said it doesnít look bad when lit up & when looking at it in my display case my eyes arenít drawn to it, itís more an irritation I missed it when itís so prominent that bugs me as I pride myself on a proper inspection.
    So it then could be an issue that differs from bust to bust. As I had read earlier JohnBonas had pointed out an issue with the glue on his in that particular area, thus that was the first place I looked at, but I did not see anything noticeable there on mine. The overspread of glue is somewhat noticeable in the area over the cape's chain, where the bottom of the helmet meets the chest on my sample. Even when I took the pictures for mine I did not notice it. That said, I have to be very close to it to notice anything.

Last edited by LightSword; 07-20-2018 at 07:25 PM.
    You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time. You've gotta stand for something or you'll fall for anything.

My Feedback , My Collection

I’m still happy overall with the bust I’ve been sent, I’m looking across at it now & it looks great & that’s all I’m thinking when I look at it so I’m grateful for that, thinking maybe I allowed for glue patches/areas in the back of my head because of the see through parts of the bust, the main one I have isn’t great but on display right now I honestly can’t see it so I can’t really complain as it’s in a detolf & will only come out of occasion for dusting..., it’s my favourite Vader bust to date & I doubt that’ll change ever, not unless the ANH duel Vader (they are bound to make) looks absolutely stunning.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516