Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647
Results 461 to 470 of 470

Thread: Luke with Wampa

  1. #461
    Sorry if this has been covered in the many prior pages of discussion, but Has anyone tried to use paint thinner or high grit wet sand paper to remove/tone down the blood and dirt paint job? I have already seen reprints but I don’t really want to do a total makeover.

  2. #462
    Quote Originally Posted by Simdog View Post
    Can any one help a scummer out with a wampa from Ross? I went to 3 Ross stores today and no luck. I can find Han and chewbacca or the the one with the hound all day. Please help me find a Wampa. PM me.
    Any luck yet for you, Sim? I heard the Wampa is still being found at Ross. Best to continually check I hear too because their stock is constantly fluctuating.
    "you've taken your first step into a larger world"

  3. #463
    they are either getting 0 or 1 in their shipments. been finding them on a weekly basis

  4. #464
    Quote Originally Posted by SaberSonic83 View Post
    Any luck yet for you, Sim? I heard the Wampa is still being found at Ross. Best to continually check I hear too because their stock is constantly fluctuating.
    Yes, finally found it. Thanks for checking.

  5. #465
    Quote Originally Posted by Simdog View Post
    Yes, finally found it. Thanks for checking.
    Awesome man - glad you finally got it! What do you think now having it in hand? Great figure right? Does your ForceLink2.0 work with it?
    "you've taken your first step into a larger world"

  6. #466
    Just a follow up.

    Since I did not get ant feed back on my prior question, I decided to do the least damaging idea and use a 600 grit wet automotive sandpaper on the dirt and bloodied areas of the figure. I put in about 15 minutes just wet sanding the areas so that it slowly and gently removed the paint from the raised potions. I think that breaking up the splotchiness of the paint application helper improved the overall look without having to do major mods.


  7. #467
    Quote Originally Posted by SaberSonic83 View Post
    Awesome man - glad you finally got it! What do you think now having it in hand? Great figure right? Does your ForceLink2.0 work with it?
    It is a great set. The Wampa is incredible. I hear that, like the Probe Droid, it was a hold over from the cancelled vintage line of like 2012. I'm just glad they put it out.

  8. #468
    Quote Originally Posted by Simdog View Post
    It is a great set. The Wampa is incredible. I hear that, like the Probe Droid, it was a hold over from the cancelled vintage line of like 2012. I'm just glad they put it out.
    Yeah I can buy that - did you ever see the excellent Probe Droid Probe set where it exploded and revealed the probe inside? It had like 5 panels, looked straight out of the movie. A really incredible prototype, some guy actually owns the proto. Pretty sure the probe we got came right out of that sculpt.
    "you've taken your first step into a larger world"

  9. #469
    Quote Originally Posted by SaberSonic83 View Post
    Yeah I can buy that - did you ever see the excellent Probe Droid Probe set where it exploded and revealed the probe inside? It had like 5 panels, looked straight out of the movie. A really incredible prototype, some guy actually owns the proto. Pretty sure the probe we got came right out of that sculpt.
    Yes, I saw it. The probe droid "shell" is nice.

  10. #470
    I FINALLY got my dang Wampa to make sounds! I had to delete the entire Force Link 2.0 APP and re-download it, then reinstall the software on the actual device again. Right before I did this, it said "Firmware Update Required" only with the Wampa. It also told me my update was already completed and up to date. Clearly that wasn't the case, but I'm glad this worked. It was pretty awesome hearing the OT Wampa sounds for the first time in a toy. Very authentic, especially the cave roar.
    "you've taken your first step into a larger world"

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •