Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Rathtar with Bala Tik

Looks like it has more articulation than the figure.

Would Bala-Tic have been more articulated, i'd have considered this set.

"Tell that to Kanjiklub!"

Captain

Must have for me! Love beast packs. Hope to see a luggabeast too

Yeah why not, it's only a day late...
    If he was SA I'd be totally in, but I have no nee for the creature. While I am surprised by this, I would have preferred to be really surprised with something SA.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

this is a real surprise. An it sortof highlights how awkward Hasbros production schedule is. This would even have been unlikely during the films run, so it's especially weird to get this now. It's a shame Hasbro can't release more relevant product for the particular film. I just wonder how this will sell this year (actually I don't). There is a lot of cool material from TFA and it's nice to see some more, I just wasn't expecting this, at this point.
    Most wanted figures: Vedain, Luke Bespin (Beatup version), Fozec, Taym Dren Garen, Sim Aloo

Quote Originally Posted by Idpullthecurtain View Post
    this is a real surprise. An it sortof highlights how awkward Hasbros production schedule is. This would even have been unlikely during the films run, so it's especially weird to get this now. It's a shame Hasbro can't release more relevant product for the particular film. I just wonder how this will sell this year (actually I don't). There is a lot of cool material from TFA and it's nice to see some more, I just wasn't expecting this, at this point.
    I get the sentiment of your post, but there's some responsibility that needs to be borne by Lucasfilm. The secrecy that surrounded the production of THE FORCE AWAKENS is a big contributing factor to why Hasbro wasn't able to do as much. I heard comments from Hasbro Star Wars team members that the first time they saw Luke Skywalker in TFA was in the theater. There was no production artwork of Luke shown to them. Was the Rathtar sequence under wraps like that? I don't know if it needed to be, but it's another example of the JJ Abrams / Lucasfilm "mystery box", and the toy licensee wound up struggling to offer a line that was relevant. And we DID wind up with vehicles that weren't even in the film (walkers, speeder bikes, etc) because Hasbro was struggling to put something out on the shelves.

I'm not a fan of the Rathtar, so this is an easy pass for me. I am happy for those that wanted it, because I never thought they'd actuallymake it. I hope they have a few other things planned for this line as well (figure + beast or figure + large diorama piece).
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

I actually was never big on the Rathtar's either, but they have grown on me a bit in a tongue in cheek, ironic, sort of way. Bala Tik however is a figure I've wanted since seeing TFA. I hope this is a format we'll see more of, as well.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast