Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Battle of Hoth Diorama

Hey Tyranus. It is great to hear from you it has been a long time. To tell you the truth this is the first time I have weathered a vehicle. There are people that do amazing work. I have been a little scared to try. The AT-ST you see that is crashed is the first thing I have ever tried. It is broken but I kept it and I'm glad I did. It works nicely in the dio. Since it was already broken I felt a little braver to give it a try. I wanted to make it look burned out. I liked how that turned out so I decided to give the walker a try. I found pictures of the Master Replicas AT-AT and based the weathering on that paint app. Anyway it was fun and something I look forward to doing again. So I am not familiar with the schools of weathering. I know people do amazing washes and stuff. I just wanted a simple airbrushing and always think you get the best weathering effects when you combine washes with airbrushing.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the weathering, it looks great!
    You are always your own worst critic, I think. Sometimes stowing the project away for a day or two can help you see what you could not, the first time around.
    "her arc is to actually get bored of being powerful" - MauLer on YT, A Critique of SWTLJ, p.3

My custom Hoth Rebel Turret thread

Last edited by JediJJep; 01-27-2019 at 10:24 PM.

I have a little time to work on my Hoth Diorama and wanted to post a couple pics let me know what you think. I will post some more updated pics soon.
    Last edited by JediJJep; 01-27-2019 at 10:35 PM.

That Taun Taun looks so real. This is a wonderful piece of work. Thanks for posting the pics.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

This dio is amazing! Love the terrain and the tuan taun looks look fantastic. Looking at the background, that is a nice man cave you've go there, lol.
    "Ya koon tacha poonoo nee sah, gee." [Your mind powers will not work on me, boy] - Jabba the Hutt

That is really turning out great! I'm Lukewarm on the tauntaun though.

Seriously, it looks amazing. Is it from a model or did you just expertly position it that way?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast