Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Custom 6in Jabba's throneroom dio WIP

Here are some close up images of the table. The polaroid photos of the alcoves (with Yak face: alcove 1) show that it is the same table top.

Here is what the bottom of the window looks like.

And this, because you will want to make 2 later on. (It is the same as the R2 drink trays.)

WOW, those are some great pics. Looks like I'll be scratching another window insert, thanks for that clear pic of the pattern. That Polaroid site is fantastic, thanks. Too bad Bandai doesn't sell that drink tray accessory separately as I foresee 11 more R4-I9 driods kits in my future for the 2 tri-level tray stands, lol.

That table top is gonna eat my breakfast, lunch and dinner in trying to replicate it, never mind the dozen other things on the table, like the rope swirl vase.
    "Ya koon tacha poonoo nee sah, gee." [Your mind powers will not work on me, boy] - Jabba the Hutt

The polaroid pics also show the different couches and many other details.

The table pattern seems to be (from working outward) a double band with small holes inside; 3/4 of a circle with a larger hole in it; a smaller hole in between the spaces of the 3/4 circle.

Here's a pic of some of the random greeblies I made using Model Magic (MM). It isn't durable so if you intend to play with your items, then use Milliput or Greenstuff instead (or Fimo/Sculpy if you don't mind baking). It will shrink a bit so make them bigger than you need.

For the table top, I rolled out a flat piece of MM, cut out the circles, then used hollow tubes (straws) to make the circles. I used a small pin head to make the small dots. Now that I've looked closer at ALL the different pictures, I see that my pattern is wrong.

I used MM to make the textured arches as well (remember to make them larger because they shrink. I made them on plastic and then peeled them off before they were fully dry.

The holes in the walls are also more organic looking than a grid pattern.

For the window, I scaled up the photo to the size I needed and traced it out. The missing top is the flipped image of what you can see. Cardstock or foamies work well, depending on how thick you want it to be.

You might also want to invest in Oyumaru to make the gold drink trays.
    It will be cheaper than buying a lot of models.

Awesome, thank you so much for all the visuals. I will use your suggestion on the table top pattern, I think I can probably stamp balsa wood pretty easily as its a pretty soft wood or if I make it out of polystyrene sheet I can just scribe it.

Here is V2 of my window insert. Thank you so much for that pic. It may be a bit over scaled but I am happy with it.

Im gonna take a couple of days break from this as I've been hard n heavy for weeks plus I need to but some of those train set lights before finishing some things.

OOPS, almost forgot, discovered this site and pages 7 & 8 are full of Jabba goodness and it's gonna break my wallet lol

https://outerrimtraders.bigcartel.com/products
    Last edited by bwize; 08-07-2019 at 10:09 PM.
    "Ya koon tacha poonoo nee sah, gee." [Your mind powers will not work on me, boy] - Jabba the Hutt

That looks much better. There is a ledge there wide enough to put drinks on.

BTW, here is good pic of the top of the window so now that I have your pic and this one looks like I'm on to V3 tonight as I want more smooth straight lines on the shapes and the plung and cut bit I have on my dremel is too big for these tight corners so I will just break out the straight edge and the exacto blade.

That is one of my favorite shots of Jabba's lair. There are so many fine details, from the ceiling pipes and cables to the baskets of fruits (although I wish the Rock Warrt was on top of a fruit basket since he was there on set in some of the scenes.)

Yup, mine too. I has spent a lot of time studying it.

Here is window V3. It's still a little rough, and I'm not sure if I still prefer the more organic look of V2.

V3

V2

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234