Page 3 of 142 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Han Solo (2018) Toys - General Discussion Thread

I hope we get a really great Falcon with all the interior.

And maybe even an AT from the pics.

I see a bit of X-wing PC game in the design of one craft. It looks like a Stormtrooper transport.

And I here that
      Spoiler:  
    woody and emilia's roles are based off of characters from the Han Solo Trilogy novels

I hope we also see the Lady Luck at some point in the film. They used the ship model in Rebels. Maybe it will show up here too? :{D
    Disney? "Canon" you say? You must unlearn what you have learned...

If you need anything 3d Printed PM me. :{J

Quote Originally Posted by R1G4R3PO View Post
    No offense, just playing devil's advocate here as I see and understand your point, but what is difference for Han Solo and Lando for that matter, getting a new younger actor vs Obi-Wan, Anakin, Tarkin, and Mon Mothma having younger actors portraying them. I would include Boba Fett but I kinda agree with you w/ Boba Fett in AOTC.
    Never said I was okay with those switcheroos/recasts either. Boba Fett doesn't matter, no one ever saw under the helmet and he only had 10 minutes of screen time.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

No offense, just playing devil's advocate here as I see and understand your point, but what is difference for Han Solo and Lando for that matter, getting a new younger actor vs Obi-Wan, Anakin, Tarkin, and Mon Mothma having younger actors portraying them. I would include Boba Fett but I kinda agree with you w/ Boba Fett in AOTC.
    No problems with it here, the film is set before the OT so recasting is necessary. You can't expect Harrison Ford who's 74 to play a young 25 year old version of himself or Billie Dee Williams to play young Lando, it's just not going to work and CGI would cost millions to fix every single bit of frame, not only that health issues have a major problem for the OT cast, I think the last time I saw BDW he could hardly talk.

We're in a new era where the newer actors will take on these roles for this film and beyond. Which is great news for collectors - we'll get lots of new action figures of the main cast.

I have no issues with the recasts of the actors playing the characters that we grew up with. I thought Ewan played a great Obi Wan Kenobi. until we see the film and how the actors embrace the characters it's too early to decide.
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

For me, it boils down to how iconic the character has become because of the actor. Likewise, whether an actor played a character in the same era / age range is important. Harrison was fairly young during ANH - so that's burnt into my memory. Not to mention, Harrison just played Han Solo in TFA, which remains fresh in many fans minds. With characters like Kenobi, decades had gone by between the OT and PT, and the previous actor was long gone. I don't mind them telling new stories with different actors, but I generally feel that Han's storyline is told and the prospect of a new likeness for an iconic character makes me wonder whether I'll want to collect for that movie. I honesty wish they'd step away from OT characters for these non-trilogy movies. I'm excited to collect TLJ figures, but I have no real excitement for the Solo movie as of yet...

^ that's fair. I somewhat feel same way w/ recasting Batman and Spiderman etc. Part of me is thinking before Disney is done w/ sw, they'll redo the IT and i swear I hope I am wrong. But that seems to be the biggest MO in movie making now..reboot, and redo over and over

So casting a young actor for classic characters is a way to cast that remake of it happens but again I HOPE NOT

^ that's fair. I somewhat feel same way w/ recasting Batman and Spiderman etc. Part of me is thinking before Disney is done w/ sw, they'll redo the IT and i swear I hope I am wrong. But that seems to be the biggest MO in movie making now..reboot, and redo over and over
    Another icon for me would be Sigourney from the Alien franchise - I cant imagine anyone else playing Ripley, so I'm happy they aren't jumping back in the timeline with her character in these new movies. Sometimes an actor so perfects embodies the character that they are attached to that character for the rest of their lives by fandom. Harrison has that with both Han Solo and Indiana Jones in my opinion. I'm not judging this new movie before I see it, it could end up entertaining - but the thrill simply isn't there for a recast.

Quote Originally Posted by Coreworld View Post
    Seeing that speeder/pod mashup, I'm hoping to see Hans time as a swoop jockey explored and maybe feature an altercation with a scarred and bandaged future bounty hunter...
    I cannot emphasise enough how much I am NOT hoping to see this. (Some ideas are best left non-canon)

Quote Originally Posted by KypDurron420 View Post
    And I here that
      Spoiler:  
    woody and emilia's roles are based off of characters from the Han Solo Trilogy novels
    Brian Daley trilogy I hope, rather than the cheesy later trilogy.
    Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning

So casting a young actor for classic characters is a way to cast that remake of it happens but again I HOPE NOT
    They wouldn't be bothering with using the same OT actors in TFA/TLJ if they were ever going to remake the OT, in fact they would've done a whole reboot first before doing any other Star Wars films so I believe we're all safe, the only thing they'll do is splice movies here and there within the trilogy and beyond.

Page 3 of 142 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast