Page 2 of 144 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Han Solo (2018) Toys - General Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    While I would like the Imperial background story as well, i feel they would want to distance themselves from that. And try something new(their own) take on it.
    Keep him as a smuggler type all his life, and one time while transporting for the Empire he frees Chewy. Considering it would essentially take place between ROTS and ANH, it would be plausible for him to be on Kashyyk when he witnesses the brutality of the Empire. Thus decides to help somehow, freeing Chewy and his Family. Which leads to Chewy's life debt. Plus, by introducing the family, we might get to see them again! Or for the first time as Canon.

There is plenty of possibilities for this movie beyond just Han Solo, IMO.

Didn't we already meet them in the Holiday Special?

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    I imagine it will continue just like it has, with 5POA being the focus and SA being what it is. The only difference now, is that we'll find them at more places than just Walmart.
    So for Han Solo, I'm guessing it will be just like the Rogue One release. 3-5 key characters in SA, with the rest being in 5POA line.

Unfortunately the new casting may cause some issues, particularly what versions will be released where. Many have been after a Lando update for years, but will Hasbro offer two different figures of two different actors? And which one would get the SA treatment first? Seems like that would be in the "confusion" territory. lol

In the old days before 5POA, we know what we'd be in for. Now it's not so clear. Personally, I don't need anymore figures of Han or Chewy regardless of who's likeness it is. However, if some of the secondary cast have an interesting look or part in the movie. I mat want them, who knows. I would have like an SA Chirrut...

That said, it's probably way too early to be speculating on this line. TLJ will be the focus going forward.

Think Kenner, only their legacy lives on through the traditional 5-POA on all their figures. Also, we want the return of the new massive Millennium Falcon. Why did I give away that big Millennium Falcon? I still have the original instructions, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ReturnoftheJedi View Post
    Didn't we already meet them in the Holiday Special?
    Yep, but I wasn't 100% sure that was Canon. Plus it would give them the chance to expand upon their back story and relations.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Anyone else have mixed feelings about buying a Han Solo figure that isn't in the likeness of Harrison Ford? To me, Harrison IS Han just like he's Indiana Jones - it will be hard to see an action figure with the likeness of another actor. I honestly have reservations about this movie and its product line right now...

Quote Originally Posted by darth_sidious View Post
    Anyone else have mixed feelings about buying a Han Solo figure that isn't in the likeness of Harrison Ford? To me, Harrison IS Han just like he's Indiana Jones - it will be hard to see an action figure with the likeness of another actor. I honestly have reservations about this movie and its product line right now...
    I know the feeling. Not so much the toy because, well, there's several Han figures that don't exactly resemble Ford. Seriously though, since it's a young Han, I'm going to give it a shot, but I want to see him in action, and see if he can embody Han. I thought I was only going to be cautious with Rogue One, as the first spin-off, but I ended up loving it, and yet, now I realize that with each spin-off being it's own thing, I'm not sure what to expect each time. Though I'm kind of expecting something like the Han Solo spin-off to end up becoming a trilogy if it does well.
    My signature was last updated in 2008. I've changed it. Its still not interesting.

Personally, I would love to see them begin & end this one in a similar fashion to a "special" episode of The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, in that the movie is bookended by "current day" scenes of Harrison Ford as Old Han telling the story of his adventures to Rey & Finn aboard the Falcon - sort of a "deleted scene" from TFA during their trip to Takodana. I think it would really add credibility to the movie if they could get Ford to do it.

And seeing the pic of the bike, I agree - could it be we'll get the EU scene of Han and Dengar's swoop race? Would love to see that, although if any bounty hunters are present, Fett is a must in some capacity. Hopefully they can get Daniel Logan to play the part if he is in it.

Same here. However, I don't have mixed feelings at all. I have no interest in anything non Harrison Ford concerning Han, It's just how i feel about it. That said, i wont hate on the new Actor who portrays him. It just isn't my cup of tea, or meant for me.

I may buy a figure of him for customizing though, If he's SA.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

No offense, just playing devil's advocate here as I see and understand your point, but what is difference for Han Solo and Lando for that matter, getting a new younger actor vs Obi-Wan, Anakin, Tarkin, and Mon Mothma having younger actors portraying them. I would include Boba Fett but I kinda agree with you w/ Boba Fett in AOTC.

Quote Originally Posted by R1G4R3PO View Post
    No offense, just playing devil's advocate here as I see and understand your point, but what is difference for Han Solo and Lando for that matter, getting a new younger actor vs Obi-Wan, Anakin, Tarkin, and Mon Mothma having younger actors portraying them. I would include Boba Fett but I kinda agree with you w/ Boba Fett in AOTC.
    I would like to say, I could barely tell the difference between the Mon Mothma actress in R1 and the original, so that might be a bad example. That said, I actually didn't really think of it that way. I was fine with Boba myself, since I saw AotC as a teen and it just always ended up clicking that Boba was always a clone, so he was always Daniel Logan as a kid and Temura Morrison as an adult (even though he wasn't when Empire was made.).
    My signature was last updated in 2008. I've changed it. Its still not interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by R1G4R3PO View Post
    As far as Anakin and Tarkin go, Old Anakin and Young Tarkin were onscreen for such a small amount of time, there was nothing jarring about it. There's a reason they went the CGI route in Rogue One though, and to me, it worked fine. Now, in the case of Obi-Wan, I can see the point, although Alec Guinness as Kenobi, big as it was, is still not nearly as iconic as Harrison Ford/Han Solo. Add to that the amazing job Ewan MacGregor did - from the moment you heard his voice in the first teaser for TPM, you knew it would work. To me, young Kenobi has become one of the more popular characters of all the movies, never mind the prequels, and Ewan's performance was so good, I would have no problem with them aging him up to play a Force Ghost in Ep. VIII or IX if the plot calls for it.

Page 2 of 144 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast