Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Aphra - VC** - 2017 Fan's Choice Winner

I think of this along the lines of the old "If a tree falls in the woods and there is is no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?".

If a figure wins the Fan's choice polls, but is never seen on pegs in any stores, did it really win?

The TVC line is likely to follow in the continuous Hasbro tradition of "Make too many peg warmers, and then never remove them from the pegs, preventing desired figures from ever reaching customers".

Sorry to be a cynic here, but since 2011 the figures lines have been very much mishandled and when the new movies came out, we thought that Hasbro was going to 'reboot' the process and things would get better. Nope, its still the same. I do not expect TVC to change any of that. Its just new cardbacks, but otherwise, its the same old thing.

Now you kids get off my lawn.

If she's due out Spring of 2018 then she must have gone through preplanning as the last time I heard it takes approx 18 months to get to store.

Disney are also bringing out another 2pack this year. Any bets that it's the droids BT1 and 000?
    These ARE the droids we're looking for!

Koth's feedback Koth's Trading

Quote Originally Posted by KypDurron420 View Post
    Disney calls Rebels and the comics/games "EU" to steal that name from the real EU.

And yeah, it's all "canon" in their fan fiction. :{
    Glad to see you're continuing your inane ranting that got the other thread closed. Keep up the good work

Like I said in the poll thread, I couldn't care less about this character but I am glad for those that voted for her. These polls seem to be the only real avenue for people to get these kind of figures made. I'll wait to see what the figure looks like and decide then.
    Feedback thread
    Don't need a somewhat newer jocular since the older legacy collection hypnosis arena two pack jocular is still great and thing is that do all attack of the Clones Jedi figures really need jedi robes?

Quote Originally Posted by KypDurron420 View Post
    Disney calls Rebels and the comics/games "EU" to steal that name from the real EU.

And yeah, it's all "canon" in their fan fiction. :{
    See, you can't say things like this and expect to not be called stupid.

So you're either being willfully ignorant in order to play a "character" so you can get some attention by winding up total strangers.

OR

You're a genuine idiot.

Either way, you've been here barely two weeks and you've managed to annoy several longtime posters, myself included, so good job!
    Last edited by lister; 05-05-2017 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gerrit View Post
    I was surprised to see her on the list.
    At first so was I, as I had no idea who she was. But then after I read up a little on who she was, it didn't surprise me at all. She's is Disney's EU, so it's okay to vote on her. TBH, I feel she should probably be in the Comic Pack line. Like all Comic/Book characters should be. But she'd likely come with Vader, which would immediately detract me from buying.

Really, I feel like polls are a waste anyways. It's almost always for a figure that's coming already. In the polls history, I think Jocasta Nu was the only winner that they weren't planning.

I would almost like to see a line up of what the line could consist of. Or maybe they should do a line poll, to see which characters we'd like see made between choice A or B.

Example:
    A. Depa Billaba, or B. Adi Gallia
    A. Cin Drallig, or B. Saesee Tiin
    A. Gungi, or B. Lux Bonteri
    A. Bo-Katan, or B. Ketsu Onyo
    A. Praji, or B. Lt, Sheckil
    A. Adrmiral Screed, or B. Thall Jobin
    A. Yak Face, or B. Squid Head
    Etc. Anyone be interested in that? Maybe it could better gauge what Hasbro should do for a couple waves?
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    At first so was I, as I had no idea who she was. But then after I read up a little on who she was, it didn't surprise me at all. She's is Disney's EU, so it's okay to vote on her. TBH, I feel she should probably be in the Comic Pack line. Like all Comic/Book characters should be. But she'd likely come with Vader, which would immediately detract me from buying.

Really, I feel like polls are a waste anyways. It's almost always for a figure that's coming already. In the polls history, I think Jocasta Nu was the only winner that they weren't planning.

I would almost like to see a line up of what the line could consist of. Or maybe they should do a line poll, to see which characters we'd like see made between choice A or B.

Example:
    A. Depa Billaba, or B. Adi Gallia
    A. Cin Drallig, or B. Saesee Tiin
    A. Gungi, or B. Lux Bonteri
    A. Bo-Katan, or B. Ketsu Onyo
    A. Praji, or B. Lt, Sheckil
    A. Adrmiral Screed, or B. Thall Jobin
    A. Yak Face, or B. Squid Head
    Etc. Anyone be interested in that? Maybe it could better gauge what Hasbro should do for a couple waves?
    I'd be all for a list like that... and I agree it sorta paints a picture for Hasbro as to future figures in future waves.
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

If it does indeed take Hasbro 18 months to get a figure from development to made in plastic we should be seeing Aphra in either wave 2 or wave 3 right (late Summer/Fall 2018)?
    Last edited by Waggy; 05-05-2017 at 03:52 PM.
    The Spirit of Vengeance that detects and eradicates the menace of Toxic Fandom

I am because there are those that employ unmitigated vitriol towards the PT/ST to mask their racism, sexism and predatory nature. There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?

I don't think the Fan Choice is intended to be out until 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Ray View Post
    Glad to see you're continuing your inane ranting that got the other thread closed. Keep up the good work
    More trolling? Great. This community is so cool to allow the trolling EU fans.

And I think you mean how I was being attacked left and right for voicing my opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by lister View Post
    See, you can't say things like this and expect to not be called stupid.

So you're either being willfully ignorant in order to play a "character" so you can get some attention by winding up total strangers.

OR

You're a genuine idiot.

Either way, you've been here barely two weeks and you've managed to annoy several longtime posters, myself included, so good job!
    Yeah when a troll calls me stupid or any other name it just rings hollow. I only see it as the trolling it is.

And if the longtime posters I'm annoying are all trolls or at least immature, then I really don't care.

All I'm doing is voicing an opinion. If you're reaction is to name call, I guess you never left the schoolyard.

As for Aphra, the image posted here hopefully isn't the one they'll base her off of. I've seen art of her where she looks way better. And her outfit wasn't as basic either. :{
    Disney? "Canon" you say? You must unlearn what you have learned...

If you need anything 3d Printed PM me. :{J

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast