Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyp's Custom Diorama wip's...

Kyp's Custom Diorama wip's...

Here's some shots of my Givin bar on Nar Shadaa wip:

Looking in the door:

Good view of the bar's owenr, an old Givin and former smuggler named Lirthas Mero(the bar is called "Mero's Place"):

The human in green is my d20 character named Tetsuo Rosta, and the Trandoshan is his buddy Tresssk, or Trey for short. The blurry blonde guy is a Cathar bouncer that Lirthas hired to keep bar fights to a minimum:

The Siniteen and Rodian are local thugs that frequent Lirthas' bar and work for the quarren gangster that owns the next door noodle shop(my second diorama wip that I'll post next):

Here's Mero's Place empty. The cardboard I used came from a soap/bodywash/shampoo gift set and the stepped section became the bar. I glued cardboard to its sides to form the walls and another for a base that gives the bar a sidewalk:

I sprayed it flat black so the future paint job pops. I get the idea from AlFigures on youtube that uses blackwash as a means to make his dio's look grittier. I plan to paint the walls a mix of duck-egg's blue and grey. I haven't played TOR/KOTOR in a while to see that version of Nar Shadaa's architecture and designs, but I have google image searched to see them. I think the wall color is going to feel right, but I've got more bits to add to the interior before painting.

This shot is one showing off the ceiling idea I have. It gives the bar a dingy almost western/post apocalyptic feel IMO:

And another shot of the lighting from the ceiling:

My main inspiration for this small dio is from Empire Toy works' awesome spaceport and his dio's that he sells. His are definitely sturdier though. And I'm not going to even attempt standing on mine. :{P
    Disney? "Canon" you say? You must unlearn what you have learned...

If you need anything 3d Printed PM me. :{J

I like what you are doing with this. Great customs as well.

Three words can sum it all up...
    1. I
    2. LOVE
    3. IT
    I also love those custom figures you made for it. GI-Joe parts meets Star Wars parts...amazing and in the exact same scale, too. Perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Utinniii View Post
    I like what you are doing with this. Great customs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ReturnoftheJedi View Post
    Three words can sum it all up...
    1. I
    2. LOVE
    3. IT
    I also love those custom figures you made for it. GI-Joe parts meets Star Wars parts...amazing and in the exact same scale, too. Perfect!

Thank you guys for the compliments.

Yeah I like to utilize other 1:18th scale figures. The vests and certain gear make great Star wars customs.

The Joe should be easy to tell that he's a 25th Anniversary Mutt figure. And he has on a VOTC Greedo vest, Sandstorm Han's scarf and goggles, a DL-44 blaster and the lightsaber from the Jedi Knight Starkiller form the evolutions 3-pack. And a belt that I don't remember what figure it came from. I put Mutt's vest on a Corsec soldier custom(I'm making a bunch of Corsec Officers/soldiers for a photostory idea).

The Greedo just has on a GI Joe combat vest and the Bossk just has on the helmet cap that came with Tycho Celchu. It's not pictured, but I later gave the Bossk(Tresssk) the gauntlet weapons from the accelerator armor Duke from the first Joe film.

I've got 4 more wip dioramas to post: A pawn shop ran by an advose bounty hunter, a noodle shop ran by a quarren gangster, two floors of an apartment building, and a repair shop ran by Mawhonic the podracer(I don't think he died in the race?).

Plus I've got a bunch of custom cardboard wip vehicles to post too.

Thanks again for the compliments guys. :{D

The lighting really makes it. A nice dingly little SW universe bar. We likee!

Yes, I love how you made the lighting work on this. It really gives it a real feel.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by DagobahDweller View Post
    The lighting really makes it. A nice dingly little SW universe bar. We likee!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper31 View Post
    Yes, I love how you made the lighting work on this. It really gives it a real feel.
    Thanks guys. I like it too. It makes me think of a bar in Firefly. Like you can imagine dust shimmering in the light rays.

And I guess I need to make more ceilings like that for the other dioramas. I only have that one piece with the holes in it.

And I planned to make a box that fits over the ceiling piece so I can put a bright LED in it and the light still pour out the bottom. That way I can get shots with an upward angle in side.

I'm taking pictures today of the pawn shop and some more pics of the ramen/noodle shop, and I'm gonna reuse the ceiling from the bar on them.

I'll have that posted later today. Thanks again for the compliments. :{D

Really nice atmosphere you've created with your shots, you've nailed the lighting. Great looking customs as well!

Quote Originally Posted by TJapes View Post
    Really nice atmosphere you've created with your shots, you've nailed the lighting. Great looking customs as well!
    Thanks. I really appreciate the comment. I'm still uploading some pics of the other two dio's right now, but once they're up I'll post them here.

And since lighting was liked so much, I used that same ceiling on the ramen/noodle shop to try and make it look like a night scene. :{D

Okay, so here's my noodle/ramen/sushi shop on Nar Shadaa next to Mero's Place(previous dio wip).

The owner is a quarren gangster named Rollo Dab. He works for a local hutt crime boss. And Tetsuo Rosta and Tressk work for Rollo as "delivery boys".

This is the basic unpainted interior. I want it to have an Izakaya feel from Japan. And Rollo is like a sushi chef and a ramen chef combined. So I'll have the kind of cooking equipment to match eventually.

And he has an Utai as an assistant chef and hopeful apprentice for the restaurant. But his business is just a front for his more nefarious deeds:

The Ewok is apart of my character's group. He's also a jedi/fringer like Tetsuo(GI Joe guy):

Just showing the height of the counter. I made some flat pieces to raise the customer up a little though later on:

Here I've filled it up and tried different light:

I'm going to try to use papercraft chairs as bar stools. And the papercraft lantern above has Japanese on it, but I'm making some with Aurebesh that say sushi and ramen:

Looking down on a full house. The fish are from a Bass Pro Shop 1/18th scale camping/fishing set. The yellow "rope" thing is the spider string from a ToyBiz Resident Evil giant spider. And there's a peacock under the counter to represent an exotic alien bird that they cook like yakitori. And I want to add that type of grill to the counter the outside characters are against:

Okay, and this little circle in a square is a neat perk of this shampoo's packaging. That's a little tab that can lift the square like a cellar door. So my thinking is, that he has a cooler for the meats and ingredients down there. But he also uses it for his criminal interests. So I plan to make the cellar to this restaurant eventually. The door out the back leads to an alley and dumpsters. Lotta crime back there too:

Continued on the next post. :{D

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast