Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Kyp's Custom Diorama wip's...

I think you won't be disappointed Darth.

There's also photogrammetry for scanning existing models in by taking photos and then cleaning up the model.

I'm looking into that so I can duplicate some X-Wings or a Dewback. :{J
    Disney? "Canon" you say? You must unlearn what you have learned...

If you need anything 3d Printed PM me. :{J

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Sceptaurus View Post
    Wow, Kyp, you're getting so much done! When you get everything set up in your dio you're gonna have a freaking city!

And Utinniii that R1 mount is so cool! Did you just sculpt it in clay or what?

I love all the great info and resources on 3d printing, I'm learning a lot. Currently setting money aside for one of my own, can't wait!
    Decapitated toy Giraffe with model magic sculpting. I just finished it.

Hey Kyp, what happens if you put the excess scraps in boiling water? Does it go soft again? If so, It might be recycable with certain casting molds.

It does get really soft in boiling water and it shrinks/contracts slightly.

I didn't even think of try to melt the scraps to pour into a mold.

Thanks Utinniii, that's a bad *** idea.

I'm going to try it by pressing a blaster(Kyle Katarn's Bryar pistol) into some sculpey. I'll press both sides. Then I'll heat up some water and chunk some scraps in to see if the plastic pools together. And I have a ladle that might let me melt the plastic with out it getting wet.

It would be so neat to be able to pour it like molten plastic into the mold and it actually produce a useable duplicate. :{J

Siligum can take the heat. Unlike Sculpy, it is pliable after setting.
    Orumaru will probably just soften with the heat.

Well I can always cure the sculpey first. And it's what I got. :{J

Quote Originally Posted by KypDurron420 View Post
    Well I can always cure the sculpey first. And it's what I got. :{J
    I usually boil the sculpy for a few minutes before I demould.

How go are you at using the modelling software?
    I have 2 ideas. The first is to remove (or have separate) greeblies on a gonk so they are easier to customize and the second is to copy and merge 2 gonks into the double Gonk I've seen.

Since I can only print at the library and I have to be nearby, I think I will have a lot of time to play around with things. Now I just need to find the time to go and print.

Oh, keep checking my Thingiverse collections. I'm finding lots of greeblies and creatures.
    Last edited by Utinniii; 06-16-2018 at 08:14 AM.

I'm average level on modeling. I could attempt that long fuel Plunk droid(fuel droid that looks like Gonk).

And we do need the swap out greeblies for them. I can try to make some based off the ones that came with that brownish Hasbro one. And it shouldn't be too hard to remove the ones already attached and make them separate printable parts.

I've got your page bookmarked and will keep an eye on it.

I printed the pod racer engines without scaling them and they're landspeeder size. This is good because I can easily add these to my cardboard vehicles instead of using paper towel and toilet paper tubes. And the engines can be cut to print out just the front and back of the model to add to already attached cardboard tubes.

I haven't printed the giraffe/turtle combo yet. I want to attempt that here in the next day or two. If I make a convincing model I'll upload it to TV so you can grab it if you like it too.

Another creature we need is the Jerba from ANH. I saw some great customs here, but I'd like to try and do a "hairy" 3d printed model of it. And if that came out well, the Bantha would be next.

One thing at a time though. But still tell me any ideas you have and maybe we can get some printed. :{J

I haven't forgotten to send you my Gonk grabs (I have some naked Jerba pics as well). Nor have I had time to check if my library has a 3D Scanner.

The pod engines would make good speeder engines. I have a ton of files of things that would make cool greeblies and other things for dioramas now.

I didn't see any cool horns or yak/mammoths for a Bantha on TV though. I'd want faux fur on it though. I made one in university using a vintage (broken) GI Joe rhino and a sculpted head. My GF took it though.

Faux fur just doesn't look right at that scale though. And to be honest, the faux hair toy versions have all looked tacky. The Action Fleet one is the best looking Bantha toy I've seen to date and uses very little fur.

I saw a set of ram's horns that could be scaled to match the bantha's nicely. I just haven't seen any models that are close enough. Still haven't attempted the Giraffe/turtle combo. :{J

Image dump time. :{J

I made some 3d printed diorama accessories.

First up is a Japanese Izakaya style grill and counter for my character Rollo's Ramen shop(the purple thing):

It has the troth for the coals to lay kebabs over as well as holes to stick finished ones in. And it has a counter on both sides. The piece simply rests against my cardboard diorama.

The orange and white bits are all 3d printed cups and bowls some of which were failed prints but turned out to be Rossian happy accidents. The one on the far end with the "noodles" is a crystal ball that failed. And then I used some of the model's rafts as napkins and coasters. The green ones do look like nipples though. And the yellowish blobs on the right side are pieces of milliput that hardened before I could sculpt with them. They looked like bread so I used them like the hot glue drops next to them.

This next one is one I wanted for a while. It's Kanan's meditation seat/stool from Rebels:

I can always scale it up for anyone that has the 6" Kanan or Ahsoka and wants to pose them meditating.

And these are something else I wanted. The common room stools from Rebels. The left ones are my models from memory but the ones on the right like the one Ezra is on is screen accurate. Again, I can scale these props up for 1/12th scale collectors. Just PM me.

These chairs are also from Rebels in Old Jho's cantina. The one Torryn is sitting on is the first draft and it was too small so I made a larger one like the one Tressk(Bossk custom) is sitting on. Again, I can scale these up for 1/12th scale if anyone is interested.

The data pads are modeled on the ones from Rebels as well only I oversize them to make them not so easy to lose. I have in scale versions though and they work too. And these can also be scaled up for anyone interested.

(I like how Torryn and Tressk look like they're studying their lines for the Nar Shaddaa videos I'm making)

Here's some more scalable props I've got going. There's:

a credit box with removable credit insert(I'm also making the jem insert as well as a spice insert)

a "milk" jug like the ones in TCW or in Rebels when Chop is helping Ezra train.

Hera's Kalikori(WIP)

and 2 of the datapads at the correct scale with a papercraft datapad to show the size I use. Also, the papercraft datapad's screen can be glued to the model to have either an Imp version or Hera's shopping list

This just shows that the credit insert slides out

I modeled the Hover crates too. Unfortunately for me, I printed several before noticing I forgot to round the corners. DOH! I have since fixed that. They have removable lids and details that the papercraft ones I made have. And of course, they can always be scaled up/down.

This last diorama "accessory" isn't my own model. I found this great Dr. Zoidberg model and scaled it down to try and make it 1/18th scale. I have to reprint it since it looks so tall. But to be fair, the Thrawn figure is kind of short.

But now I have one of my favorite alien characters to put in my Nar Shaddaa dio's.

Oh, and look over Zoidberg's left shoulder...that's the next set of pics I'm posting under the custom vehicles. :{J

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567