Page 115 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115
Results 1,141 to 1,149 of 1149

Thread: Vintage 2019 Figure Want List

How about they do a campaign where you can order the figure you just bought on a 'Power of the Force' style cardback? And I mean make it where you must buy that figure so you can submit the flyer that it comes with. That way people who want that figure on that type of cardback can just fill out an order sheet and buy whatever number that Hasbro allows. This can result in Sim, The Emperor, and maybe some non-Last 17 figures to get the old "coin/figure/Yay!" treatment. Plus it might not create an overstock of something that has his figure be included.

Opinions on this?
    Officially retired from anything tied to Star Wars toys since August, 2019.
    Nobody will believe my reasons. Because history says so.
    Officially returned to 2006-2018 TakaraTomy Transformers since September, 2019.
    No real difference. Just nobody telling me to do what I was already doing it.

Seems like a cool idea. I’d buy some that way.
    Did you enjoy my little storm, Ewoks?”—Morag the Tulgah Witch

But for now, I’d just settle for seeing the stuff they’ve already announced.

If there's no 3.75" 5 POA going forward this question takes on a lot more weight.

There was a lot of unfortunate redundancy between the two lines, but there were also several characters that were only made in 5 POA.

If Hasbro continues at the same pace with VC figures as it has the past couple years a lot of characters won't get made at all. Getting niche fan favorites on the pegs will be difficult.

Not only will fan favorites from previous movies be neglected, but so will all media going forward, at least in 3.75 scale. How is TVC going to cover movies, TV shows, animation, and video games, when they cant even cover a single movie without the support of the basic 5 POA line(s)? I'm not sure how ROS will at all be reasonably covered with TVC alone...

I just had a thought.

What if Hasbro made the switch to the new 5" scale for TROS with the expectation that the movie won't be well received. That way, if the new 5" line fails to sell at retail, they can simply cancel the 5" scale and blame it on the scale rather than the lack of interest in the movie(to appease Disney), and then they can go back to the 5 POA 3 3/4" Basic line and focus on pushing more OT items in the future which generally sell better than Sequel Trilogy items. The nails may already be in the coffin of the
    5 POA 3 3/4" Basic line, but if they aren't, surely they would be with another poorly received Sequel Trilogy film for which their is minimal interest. Maybe the new 5" line is a sacrificial lamb and an attempt to save the
    5 POA 3 3/4" Basic line in a round about way. Or maybe I'm just crazy.
    Nothing, I'm all right!

Quote Originally Posted by RebelTrooper View Post
    I just had a thought.

What if Hasbro made the switch to the new 5" scale for TROS with the expectation that the movie won't be well received. That way, if the new 5" line fails to sell at retail, they can simply cancel the 5" scale and blame it on the scale rather than the lack of interest in the movie(to appease Disney), and then they can go back to the 5 POA 3 3/4" Basic line and focus on pushing more OT items in the future which generally sell better than Sequel Trilogy items. The nails may already be in the coffin of the
    5 POA 3 3/4" Basic line, but if they aren't, surely they would be with another poorly received Sequel Trilogy film for which their is minimal interest. Maybe the new 5" line is a sacrificial lamb and an attempt to save the
    The thing is though, the 5 inch line looks like cartoony versions of all the characters, so that to me is more determining than the actual size is.
    "you've taken your first step into a larger world"

Quote Originally Posted by RebelTrooper View Post
    I just had a thought.

I actually strangely HOPE that’s true. I try not to begrudge any scale—but cartoony 5” just makes me sad. The 3.75” scale NEEDS 5PoA to survive, and we collectors need it to get the secondary characters and one-off backgrounders we so desperately want.
    Last edited by Tulgah; 08-06-2019 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulgah View Post
    I actually strangely HOPE that’s true. I try not to begrudge any scale—but cartoony 5” just makes me sad. The 3.75” scale NEEDS 5PoA to survive, and we collectors need it to get the secondary characters and one-off backgrounders we so desperately want.
    My hope is they continue to do that in TVC and up the production more since it'll be the ONLY 3.75" stop in town for a change.
    "you've taken your first step into a larger world"

Page 115 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115