Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: R3-boo17

Man, why was this droid so difficult to score? All the other holiday droids can still be found for half decent prices even. Did they produce massively fewer of this guy or was he just that popular? Really would love to score one but it isn't even available on eBay any more. Anyone got one they're willing to part with?

Well he was glow in the dark. I'm not even a big droid fan, & this guy is easily on my favorite list due to the fun factor.
    The answer to every Star Wars question ever:
      Spoiler:  
    Its just a movie!!!!!!!!!!

Feedback BST
    I love this Bar! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU3_zzZQzx0

This was one of those odd astromechs that can't really fit in with my regular collection. I did pick it up though. Not so much cuz it was an astromech, but because it reminded me of an old squirt gun I had as a kid in the early 80's, lol. Never underestimate the power of nostalgia (intentional or not) to sell a product.

I was tempted to pick this up because of the connection to Maul, but not at the ridiculous prices on ebay (if you can even find it). I was able to get Chopper for under $20 shipped, but theres no way I'd pay double for an astro droid - they should have produced more. Perhaps they'll repack it?

Connection to Maul? You must be thinking of a different figure, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorPalpitate View Post
    That's the back story they gave him, He is Maul's droid.

Although I prefer to use him as a Death Star haunted droid (basically a spoof of every horror movie.)
    The answer to every Star Wars question ever:
      Spoiler:  
    Its just a movie!!!!!!!!!!

Feedback BST
    I love this Bar! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU3_zzZQzx0

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorPalpitate View Post
    Check out the cardback:

Oh, wow! Had no idea they gave him a backstory. lol This was one of the few droids I didn't buy two of, since it doesn't really look like it could realistically fit in the SW universe. So I immediately threw out the packaging without reading it once I got it. Oh, Disney...you're such kooks, heh. Sure, a translucent, neon green droid could be kickin' it with Darth Maul. Why not.

Seems a bit odd that we've had no exclusives yet this year, nor heard about any 2018 Hallowe'en or Xmas droids yet?
    May you live in interesting times.

Quote Originally Posted by darthsatan View Post
    Seems a bit odd that we've had no exclusives yet this year, nor heard about any 2018 Hallowe'en or Xmas droids yet?
    I think sdcc was when past ones were announced. Honestly, I forgot about the possibility of these 2 this fall, lol

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456