Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: R5-d23

Is anyone going to D23 to pick one of these up?

Same here, Please anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by nooker21 View Post
    Is anyone going to D23 to pick one of these up?
    John316

just got one off ebay... best offer $24 and change-- shipped...fingers crossed awaiting arrival

I grabbed one off eBay this morning for $25 shipped. I'm fairly sure that was what I paid for the last d23 droid.

This still baffles me. We have numerous people paying $25 for a figure, yet they can't figure out how to sell these themselves and keep that profit?
    Do they not have the resources to sell these online. lol
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

well it really doesn't effect Disney park store that sold it in the 1st place. If they sell 100, they make their reg profit regardless if all 100 or 47 of the 100 get flipped on ebay. Furthermore, those sold for under 25.00, there isn't much profit really. If bought at park w/o any type of discount, they spent what 13, well say 14 bucks w/ tax, take that off 25 and there's 11 left. But of the 11, $1 goes to paypal, 2.50 to ebay, 1st class upsp shipping average $4 so that leaves what...$3.50 profit. Most people leave at least that at a restaurant for tip on a $20 plus tax meal, plus I get ebay points for buying had almost $4 ebay points so it cost me just over $20 shipped) so ....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGKLhbirSAM

yeah I broke down this morning and picked up the R5-23 off ebay for 25 shipped.

This is pretty much what I pay for the Disney Exclusives if I cant find them on the shop disney app

$25 haha! You guys want to try living in Europe and paying for one of these fellas
    May you live in interesting times.

my point was something else entirely though.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Disney likely has a smaller production run on these just like the last d23 droid since it's only sold at the one park just for d23. So they may not have desire to sell online to keep it more of an exclusive to d23 expo.

However, I may not fully understand what you meant by "they (assuming meaning Disney) can't figure out how to sell these themselves and keep that profit?" Are you wondering why Disney doesn't jack up the price to sell thru outlet other than the expo?

As I commented, Disney sold it at the expo and made $$, which was their goal. It was the buyer at the expo that chose to resell for potential profit..not disney

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast