Page 3 of 103 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: EA Star Wars Battlefront II

They did say there would be single player campaign, but I'm not holding my breath that it will be very interesting or that long. And I'm sure that 90% of it will be what you mention. ^
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

I played Battlefront 1 solidly for three months when it first came out and had clocked up just over 200 hours by March. It was at the time my first on-line multiplayer game and great fun, but the lack of depth drove me onto other games. I have subsequently ploughed a large number of hours into The Division (800+hours), Destiny (300+hours) and most recently Battlefield 1 (240 and counting...)

I am intrigued by BF2. The first game nailed the aesthetic of Star Wars, but was clearly far from the finished article when it released. But if Dice can take the lessons from both Star Wars Battlefront and Battlefield 1 (which even though a more 'casual friendly' game compared to its predecessor is a good deal harder to master) I am hopeful we may see the full game we all expected last year.

I'll certainly be watching the gameplay reveal next week and playing the Beta when it lands...
    Last edited by Bossk67; 06-05-2017 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    They did say there would be single player campaign, but I'm not holding my breath that it will be very interesting or that long. And I'm sure that 90% of it will be what you mention. ^
    It will be a hard pass for me if that ends up being the case. Sad thing is that I shouldn't be passing up star wars games because they're not interesting (to me at least). And I'm a guy that loved Tera Kasi and had some fun with the star wars ripoff of twisted metal.

I really wish they'd do a KotOR 3, or just relaunch the series. It could totally see it being an Awesome game on the Fallout or Mass Effect engine. So much potential.
    Not to mention Bounty Hunter 2. Also might go for reboot on the Rogue Squadron games, they were fun in their day.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

All I could think watching the footage on this was - Battlefront is back. Give me a fair-to-middlin campaign, some offline bot battles mirroring all multiplayer options, AND the free DLC seasons?

This is what Battlefront 1 should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadroj View Post
    All I could think watching the footage on this was - Battlefront is back. Give me a fair-to-middlin campaign, some offline bot battles mirroring all multiplayer options, AND the free DLC seasons?

This is what Battlefront 1 should have been.
    It certainly looks good...but then the first one also looked good, but lacked content/options and as a result, I moved away from it quicker than other games. Hopefully, the news coming out that it has greater depth/customizations and skill/strategy based inc. FPS providing greater accuracy compared to the third person option - gives me hope that is could be a decent step-up from Battlefront 1.

I am very intrigued rather than hyped at this stage.
    Last edited by Bossk67; 06-11-2017 at 05:01 PM.

From what I've seen so far I'm happy. For starters I like the in game point system to get heroes, vehicles, etc. Much better than the Power-Ups you pick up on the current Battlefront. This way players are forced to play the objective to get bigger points to get the fun stuff. And while you're playing as a hero or vehicle your teammates are earning points so when/if you die, someone else can get a turn.

I like the classes and how each will have a hand with star cards specific to them. Man, I am so excited to play as a Heavy Clone Trooper with that Gatling gun.

The little bit of starfighter action we've seen looks good. I just watched a little of the V-Wing in action but the flight seems more realistic. I like how you need to aim for the circle in front of enemy starfighters. This will prove more challenging than just holding down L2 and locking onto the ship.

I think this will be a huge improvement over Battlefront.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossk67 View Post
    It certainly looks good...but then the first one also looked good, but lacked content/options and as a result, I moved away from it quicker than other games.
    I agree - looks were absolutely deceiving for the first Battlefront. Being an offline gamer, the first game was especially bitter for me. At least until they added more options for offline play. With a guaranteed campaign (that's canon no less) I'm much more optimistic for this release. While I doubt we'll get a Galactic Conquest mode, if we at least can have skirmish modes like were added to the original then I'll be very pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadroj View Post
    I agree - looks were absolutely deceiving for the first Battlefront. Being an offline gamer, the first game was especially bitter for me. At least until they added more options for offline play. With a guaranteed campaign (that's canon no less) I'm much more optimistic for this release. While I doubt we'll get a Galactic Conquest mode, if we at least can have skirmish modes like were added to the original then I'll be very pleased.
    Even for the online gamer like myself, offline skirmish would be of benefit to learn the layout of maps. And also sometimes it's nice to get a break from the trolls and play against AI for a while.

Page 3 of 103 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast