Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration Orlando: Running Stormtrooper

EChosen, no I'm from South Carolina but I'm driving down early Wednesday and driving home Monday so I'll be available to load/unload.

JEZ, I had the same thought two years ago in Anaheim when I was looking for some AV equipment. Buy it and sell it there before I leave. Fortunately I was able to nail down an affordable rental. AV is a little easier to come by though.

Play it again is a used sports equipment franchise here and if you can get ahold of the franchise owner and sell it to him as free marketing for his business he may bite.
    www.heroministries.org

"To me, She's royalty!"

Lieutenant Commander

Many thanks. I now have Make A Wish UK talking with Make A Wish USA. I will also look at Play it Again though.

id ask for more local support in your thread. sadly im not in the huge swco group any longer and cant keep that post updated. Ive made 15 calls so far, some duplicate of whats already been posted. no one seems to give 2 ***** about charity and FREEEEEEEEEE advertising. buncha losers imo.

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks everyone. I'm happy to run (excuse the pun) with Make-A-Wish making enquiries now. I really appreciate all of the help, advice and suggestions, but i'm sure the big guns should be able to sort something out.
    Regardless of getting a treadmill or not, if you are at Celebration and you see a Stormtrooper running about with non regulation footwear, be sure to say hi

Lieutenant Commander

Still trying to get one. Make A Wish USA are struggling, the 501st are trying.
    I've now emailed so many people but no one has replied Not even the local recruiters office for the USAF. I didn't think it would be this hard to get someone to loan a treadmill. I even emailed Rebel Force Radio to see if they could help, again, i've not had a reply.
    Any bright ideas welcome
    http://www.starwarscelebration.com/e...g-Stormtrooper

dont give up, i haven't. ive resulted to calling my friends who "live in" Florida to see if they will just drive one over. few more calls to make this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Jez View Post
    Still trying to get one. Make A Wish USA are struggling, the 501st are trying.
    I've now emailed so many people but no one has replied Not even the local recruiters office for the USAF. I didn't think it would be this hard to get someone to loan a treadmill. I even emailed Rebel Force Radio to see if they could help, again, i've not had a reply.
    Any bright ideas welcome
    http://www.starwarscelebration.com/e...g-Stormtrooper
    I'm just spitballing here so shoot me down if its crazy. What would the chances of a gofundme campaign working? Raise the funds to buy the treadmill then donate the treadmill to make a wish after the con. Throw it out on social media and you might be able to raise enough money in a couple days.
    www.heroministries.org

"To me, She's royalty!"

[QUOTE=Jez;19929299]Still trying to get one.
    Any bright ideas welcome
    http://www.starwarscelebration.com/e...g-Stormtrooper[/

Just my 2 cents but maybe change your frame of mind. The whole offering praise to some1 who supports you is nice and all, but it's not why people help, at least in my book, Secondly great if you wanna give them kudos, but don't tell them "oh this is in it for you". I think your being so determined on some1 donating one first (not that some1 won't) hasn't helped. What's the diff in a go find me campaign vs getting a cheapie from Walmart and putting a donation jar out on your table? I mean you've had offeres from me helping to groove delivering, which I still think is easier to have gym source deliver and put a jar out. It seemed like a good piece of machinery they were renting out to do the 1/2 marathon a day. I don't know the diff bet running that distance on a cheepie vs something nice. , Most importantly I think your forgetting who "the big guns are" it's in individual people, not RP or any corp, Make a wish, or any other group. Just my 2c

ya it think its to the time frame now to just get some donations going, buy one on mon/tues, move it in wed and pull it out sunday night for return or get a local to sell it off after, since you likely are heading back to UK right away. Im flying in sunday before. my evenings on Mon/Tues are open if we need more hands to assist. Wed is busy for me, but can find time to help a move in. my sunday time is bad as im flying home right away, so i couldnt help with move out.

I def cannot help with loading/unloading. Plus its way easier to rent one delivered, ready to go, 0 set up. Have you tried contacting the connecting Rosen Center and Hilton(or hyatt, not sure which it is) about a treadmill loan?.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast