Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration Orlando: Running Stormtrooper

I would think RP or a local Gym would be able to make it happen easily. If it doesn't materialize, would he be open to a donation jar at his table? If so, I'm bringing a few items for trade and give away at SWC, u can see these under the swag section, I can donate 300 magnets. Maybe a donation gets a magnet?
    I don't know if that allowed at SWC though. Also for peace of mind, if its getting closer to the date and the situation hasn't changed, msg me, I down to help him with the rental.
    Peace

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks dude. I'm still working on it:

southeastfit.com Tuesday 14th Feb - No Reply
    irenteverything.com Tuesday 21st Feb - No Reply
    The OCCC Tuesday 21st Feb - No Reply
    The OCCC Monday 27th Feb - Replied with a no, they then forwarded my request to ReedPOP
    FitLogic.florida 3rd March - No Reply
    Anytime Fitness Online request 3rd March - No Reply
    Fitlogic contacted 4th March - Not really interested. $500 plus delivery
    Gym Source contacted - $350 for a week plus $150 delivery each way!
    Golds Gym Saturday 4th March - No Reply
    Golds Gym Tuesday 7th March - Waiting
    GymSource Tuesday 7th March - Waiting (not holding out much hope due to previous Gym Source enquiry)
    Anytime fitness 7th March - Waiting

Quite frankly I under appreciated how hard it would be to ask a company to borrow an asset for charitable purposes with the promise of public & social media thanks.
    I thought people would see it as a good PR opportunity but I guess not, so far anyway.
    I'm still hopeful but i've now emailed the organisers explaining my troubles as it would be unfair to keep potentially bad news from them.
    Thanks for your help so far peeps!

I reached out to the lady in charge of rentals for Gym Source in regards to supporting this with a donation of treadmill, she said they decline.

another route - used equipment places.

Quote Originally Posted by EChosen View Post
    I reached out to the lady in charge of rentals for Gym Source in regards to supporting this with a donation of treadmill, she said they decline.
    I'm amazed that none of the businesses are jumping on this. What an easy and cheap way to advertise to thousands of people. If I were a gym owner I would jump on this in a second. Have you contacted the local Play it Again Sports franchise? All their stuff is used and they my be interested in the free advertising too. I'd be willing to help load and unload on Wednesday and Sunday if you need a truck as well.
    www.heroministries.org

"To me, She's royalty!"

Quote Originally Posted by groove790 View Post
    I'm amazed that none of the businesses are jumping on this. What an easy and cheap way to advertise to thousands of people. If I were a gym owner I would jump on this in a second. Have you contacted the local Play it Again Sports franchise? All their stuff is used and they my be interested in the free advertising too. I'd be willing to help load and unload on Wednesday and Sunday if you need a truck as well.
    Tried calling Play it again, they said an email had to be directed to the owner group, but that typically something they don't do.

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks once again for everything. I've not heard back from any of them.
    Last night i emailed the organisers just to give them a heads up and explain that we are struggling.
    I also emailed Make A Wish (Florida chapter) and the USA HQ to see if they had any 'friends'. Fingers crossed.

Time to call on all Orlando folks to just borrow one from some neighbors home

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBaldylox View Post
    Time to call on all Orlando folks to just borrow one from some neighbors home
    Groove790 are u in the Orlando area?
    Seems like the easiest way is if a local would lend the treadmill, esp with Groove offering to help with the deliveries.

Lieutenant Commander

That's really kind of you to offer unloading/loading.
    No, i'm not familiar with Play it again sports franchises. I'm in the UK so cross atlantic phone calls are a tad difficult. I'll google search them tonight when home from work (currently sneeked onto RS, sssh don't tell) and send them an email.
    There must be a way of getting hold of one. I'm even considering buying a cheap one in Walmart and selling it on after the event! For sale 1 x Treadmill, 1 careful owner, only 54.4 miles on the clock

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast