Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Custom Yoda Hut build, full hut with backrooms, led lighting, removable roof

Amazing! I have a special place in my heart for Dago-themed dioramas, what with my username
    Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Check out the Rebelscum Custom Dioramas Index!

Quote Originally Posted by Daigo_Bah View Post
    Amazing! I have a special place in my heart for Dago-themed dioramas, what with my username
    Yes Daigo Bah I whole heartily agree. Dagobah was also one of my favorite SW worlds and one of the defining moments of the original trilogy. That gloomy, primal "mudhole" hidden in the far reaches of the outer rim. Yoda chose it to hide and keep the Jedi flame alive for 30 years. At least Luke chose exile on a much nicer world lol. But at least Dagobah offers lots of potential for dioramas. Now if we can just talk Utinniii into moving his Dagobah creature dio to the front burner. He has the Knobby White Spider and hinted at making a Swamp Slug and Dragonsnake. I'd also like to see him add Yoda stepping out of his E3 starship escape pod.

A bit more exterior sculpting. Spirit Obiwan and R2 are checking out Yoda's new pad. Notice the mini-plug molded into the hut near the head of the snake. R2 will plug in here to power his lights.

[IMG][/IMG]

The house party lasted into the night

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by DagobahDweller; 03-01-2017 at 08:34 PM.

You know, I never realized until now how much the exterior looks like a fish or gator's head emerging from water, especially that last pic!
    Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Check out the Rebelscum Custom Dioramas Index!

Quote Originally Posted by Daigo_Bah View Post
    You know, I never realized until now how much the exterior looks like a fish or gator's head emerging from water, especially that last pic!

I thought the same thing! (But from his first pic as it reminded me of the Kyratt Dragon).

It is looking less skull like with each layer of detail though. It is fun to watch the build. It looks awesome lit up!

Yakface has a quarterly "contest" for custom figures (Everyone join!) that usually dictates what I (mostly) work on for 3 months at a time. The current topic is Rogue One. I don't know what the next one will be but I've decided that for the next one I won't start any new figures and only finish ones that I have already started. Additionally, I intend to finish at least One Diorama in that time. Hopefully, it will tie into either my Jabba dio or Dagobah.

I have to say though, watching this build certainly is making me want to visit this world. Dragon snake, Slug , fingered Mynok, and Skrange will absolutely be made. Possibly even a Knobby white spider (I want to make one even if I already have one!)

Amazing job. I just picked this kit up a couple of weeks ago in a vintage toy shop. I love love love the led work that you have done very impressive. This diorama is on my short list of ones to do. I am still pull together reference material. Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by JediJJep View Post
    Amazing job. I just picked this kit up a couple of weeks ago in a vintage toy shop. I love love love the led work that you have done very impressive. This diorama is on my short list of ones to do. I am still pull together reference material. Great work!
    Thank you JediJJep. I think screen accurate lighting really helps sell a diorama and will include it on any future dios. This hut will have 5 interior lights + the fireplace flicker lights. The R2-D2 will have 7-8 leds that blink. The leds for R2 are the size of a pin-head. Very tiny. Should be a fun challenge to see if I can get them installed.

I really started thinking about using this model kit after seeing Rebel Scum moderator Daigo Bah use it in his Dagobah diorama. He built a huge dio 2x4 ft complete with crashed X-wing, and used this kit for his hut. Using this model kit really help make my Yoda hut build possible. It provides a nice framework to build upon. I pretty much stayed within the outer shell of the model except in the backroom area. There I cut out two holes approx. 5"x3.5" and added roundish bulges to enlarge the backroom area. The rest was just adding modeling epoxy to re-contour the exterior to better match the onscreen movie set. You'll have fun customizing your model. Post it up when you start building your Dagobah Yoda hut.
    Last edited by DagobahDweller; 03-07-2017 at 03:01 AM.

Have you considered building a small fireproof area you can put a cone incense burner, so the chimney smokes?

Wonderful work here. Thanks for such detailed pics.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

Custom Yoda Hut diorama finally completed.

Hello again everyone. Sorry to bring back this Zombie thread. Last year has been crazy and the Yoda Hut was put on hold for nearly a year. Also the dam Photobucket deleting everyone’s photo links...ggrrrrr. Finally found some time and did some work on it and am hosting my photos here on RebelScum directly so I don’t lose them again. Thumbnail links to my member gallery. Sorry the delay. Kinda bad form when you leave a project hanging but I did manage to get this project nearly completed. Finally!

Video link here of this diorama build, links to Youtube
    https://ru-clip.com/video/IsAouoFmS-...ikes-back.html
    Last edited by DagobahDweller; 04-15-2018 at 04:02 AM. Reason: Add video link

Spectacular! Couldn't want any more from this. Now I can't get the song out of my head

Rockin', rockin' and rollin'
    down to the beach i'm strollin....

XD

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast