Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Vandor Playset

Vandor Playset

Yakface have a rumour report up of a new Han Solo movie playset with a blurry picture attached, click here to check it out.

After some research on new intel gathered recently, there appears to be at least one new playset from Solo: A Star Wars Story hitting shelves soon. Details are sketchy (i.e. blurry) but based on the terrain, it looks to be Vandor themed with some sort of faux conveyex feature. It includes 1 figure (possibly Vandor Han or Chewie both of which were revealed in the Force Link app update) and is priced at $44.99.
    Thoughts on this news?

Personally not interested in that set. TBH, not much really stand out from Solo for playsets that I'd want compared to all the other movies.
    Maybe the train sequence if done right.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Personally not interested in that set. TBH, not much really stand out from Solo for playsets that I'd want compared to all the other movies.
    Maybe the train sequence if done right.
    The set shown is the ‘train sequence’ on Vandor. The Conveyex is the train vehicle carrying the Coaxium.

TBH, Im a little intrigued by it... and I did like that scene in the movie.

As much as I wish for an AT-Hauler, it might look a bit out of scale against the set. I suppose I'll settle for a couple of Viper Droids instead,.....not much to ask from Hasbro on the latter, right?
    A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. -George Lucas

I really hope that this playset does well and encourages Hasbro to take another stab at playsets again with a focus on key locales from the OT like a Cantina, Death Star, Hoth, Bespin and Endor sets
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

There's no way this set can be big enough to do the scene justice.
    Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning

Ever since the modern line began in 1995, Hasbro has complained that SW playsets are too expensive to produce. I.e., they're saying the production cost/tooling/etc. is expensive & the price point will be higher than fans/collectors are wiling to -pay, so stores don't want them on the shelves due to the cost. I understand this completely.

However, because of this we have never gotten any modern OT Death Star/Hoth/Dagobah/Jabba's Palace/Creature Cantina, etc. sets.

However, Hasbro does think that producing that TLJ set last year (which didn't sell well, and went on clearance in many places) and this possibly forthcoming Han Solo set will sell?! WTF?! It seems obvious to me that if any playsets were to sell, it would be the OT ones - since those environments are a lot more iconic/memorable than any from the newer films. Just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by ThallJoben View Post
    Ever since the modern line began in 1995, Hasbro has complained that SW playsets are too expensive to produce. I.e., they're saying the production cost/tooling/etc. is expensive & the price point will be higher than fans/collectors are wiling to -pay, so stores don't want them on the shelves due to the cost. I understand this completely.

However, because of this we have never gotten any modern OT Death Star/Hoth/Dagobah/Jabba's Palace/Creature Cantina, etc. sets.

However, Hasbro does think that producing that TLJ set last year (which didn't sell well, and went on clearance in many places) and this possibly forthcoming Han Solo set will sell?! WTF?! It seems obvious to me that if any playsets were to sell, it would be the OT ones - since those environments are a lot more iconic/memorable than any from the newer films. Just my .02

I think Hasbro needs to listen to the fans that have been long suggested a series of modular playsets that are packed with an army building figure of some kind depending on the local. for instance make a series of interlocking pieces for fans to create their own Death Star world, the figures could be along of the lines of Stormtroopers, Generic Imperial Officers etc. for Hoth they could make the sets be able to build the rebel base and the figures could be different Hoth Rebel Troopers and Imperial Snow Troopers. Endor could be components to build the Endor bunker and figures could be Endor Rebels, Ewoks, Stormtroopers, Biker Scouts, Imperial Officers etc. the Cantina could be repacks of classic Cantina patrons, Sandtroopers etc.
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    I think Hasbro needs to listen to the fans that have been long suggested a series of modular playsets that are packed with an army building figure of some kind depending on the local. for instance make a series of interlocking pieces for fans to create their own Death Star world, the figures could be along of the lines of Stormtroopers, Generic Imperial Officers etc. for Hoth they could make the sets be able to build the rebel base and the figures could be different Hoth Rebel Troopers and Imperial Snow Troopers. Endor could be components to build the Endor bunker and figures could be Endor Rebels, Ewoks, Stormtroopers, Biker Scouts, Imperial Officers etc. the Cantina could be repacks of classic Cantina patrons, Sandtroopers etc.
    Yes. Modular playsets is something I've been suggesting since the modern line began back in the '90's. Maybe something similar to the Hoth/Death Star/Cloud City "Micro Collection" sets from the 1980's, but re-designed for the 3.75" line:

https://www.starwars.com/news/making...lection-part-2

I could see releasing a series of 4-5 small play environment every 2-3 months (or longer), which would "hook up" to form a very large playset. That way, costs could be kept down. I.e., each individual playset could be purchased & played with separately - and would be reasonably priced. However, to those who wanted the whole thing - they could buy all of the playsets & them hook them all together.

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast