Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Jedi - General Film Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    As typical with all the movies.

While the plural thing is an interesting debate, it's their language structure. Otherwise wouldn't they go with Last of the Jedi here in English states? Here in America The Last Jedi infers the singular.
    Not true, Jedi has dual usage, can be singular or plural.

Luke is a Jedi, he council was made of several Jedi.

http://english.stackexchange.com/que...d-plural-forms

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But, in ROTJ he was referred to as the last by Yoda himself. Meaning the singular, so...

I know it has dual usage, but the way we structure words/sentences here is very different than other Countries.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Yoda said that before Rey was even born.
    See you around, kid.

In the EU Books Heir to the Empire.... Obi Wan tells Luke that he is not the last of the old Jedi but the first of the new. in TFA Han tells Rey that Luke was training a new group of Jedi Knights and that ben turned on him slaughtering the Jedi.
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

Quote Originally Posted by CT1138 View Post
    Yoda said that before Rey was even born.
    Yoda should've known their would be sequels and that another Jedi would be born :p What he said was true from a certain point of view, it's not like Jedi seem to know what's going on and lie through their teeth :p

Quote Originally Posted by GNT View Post
    Yoda should've known their would be sequels and that another Jedi would be born :p
    Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future.
    It is the mission of each true Jedi Knight... His duty... nay, his privilege!
    To dream, the impossible dream... To fight, the uneatable foe... To reach the unreachable star!
    This is my quest, to follow that star. No matter how hopeless, no matter how far.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    But, in ROTJ he was referred to as the last by Yoda himself. Meaning the singular, so...

I know it has dual usage, but the way we structure words/sentences here is very different than other Countries.
    Yeah but don't you think Disney would confirm/clarify it for those translating? I highly doubt they'd let another country mistranslate the title of their major movie.

Plus there's luke and Rey now, so plural.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I saw some a report that indicates another OT Rebel fighter may be turning up in TLJ. And from this one photo that was shot on location at the salt flats in Bolivia it looked like it could be the B-Wing.

There are reports that a clip from 'The Last Jedi' was shown today at a Disney shareholders meeting held by Bob Iger. And Dan Miller of the Los Angeles Times described some of the teaser. Based on what he saw? It seems that Luke does not know who Rey is when they meet on Ahch-To.

Yeah, I've been hearing that around the net. But I feel that those words were simply taken out of context. We all know that Movies are not filmed in the order that they are edited. And often the very first scenes filmed, are in fact much later scenes. Plus we know how some people like to an instance and blow it out of proportion.
    The "who are you" could also be a philosophical question, something said during training.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast