Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: General Leia Organa - The Last Jedi

I quite like the new dark costume from what we've seen so far. Its almost a mix between Padme's Loyalist costume from AOTC and Palpatine's costume on the Invisible Hand. The D'Qar costume definitely could've been better though. The blue color looks great but the design of the outer robe looks odd to me - especially the awkward way it cuts off around the chest.

I think the decision to avoid putting her in white since ROTJ has also been a good one. While her classic costume is iconic, her other outfits tend to hold up better when they do something fresh and different.

Quote Originally Posted by GNT View Post
    Please use this thread to discuss any potential General Leia figures that we may see in the TLJ toyline. Will it feel weird buying a Leia figure now that Carrie Fisher has passed on?
    My Ben Kenobi figure tells me no, it will not feel weird. My POTF2 Tarkin had no comment. He is rehabbing a back injury from carrying the POTF2 stormtrooper blaster.
    "The truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." -Ben Kenobi
    If Disney truly wants series to succeed, it will put the shows on basic cable. I will not pay extra on an already high monthly cable bill to watch one show on one network.

What this outfit tell me, is that it's another "regal" type. Considering her appearance in EP7 was brief, and only had time for one set of clothes. I'm curious with the more screen time in EP8, if she'll wear more than one? What I'm really getting at is, will we see her use a Lightsaber? Personally speaking, if she doesn't engage in some form of a duel it will be a slight letdown in her character. I had always hoped that she would learn a little bit of her Jedi heritage, and eventually see her do something on screen. I'm not expecting anything close to Luke's ability, but something.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    What this outfit tell me, is that it's another "regal" type. Considering her appearance in EP7 was brief, and only had time for one set of clothes. I'm curious with the more screen time in EP8, if she'll wear more than one? What I'm really getting at is, will we see her use a Lightsaber? Personally speaking, if she doesn't engage in some form of a duel it will be a slight letdown in her character. I had always hoped that she would learn a little bit of her Jedi heritage, and eventually see her do something on screen. I'm not expecting anything close to Luke's ability, but something.
    I would've liked to see more done with her Jedi heritage but unfortunately that ship has sailed. Any chance of her having a big moment like Yoda and Sidious did in the prequels probably would've been saved for the third movie which we know can't happen now.

Regarding the costumes - there's two confirmed so far. A gray gown which appears to be aboard the Resistance Fleet, and a brown/black gown for the Crait scenes. I read on TFN's boards she has another military uniform in the Disney shareholders footage, but I'm not sure how much truth there is behind that since we haven't seen or heard anything since.

Resistance Fleet costume

Crait costume

Found this on HTS:
    Go for Papa Palpatine!

Wow, that looks great. As long as the paint job isn't atrocious.

That said, I'd really love to see Leia in a more ready-to-wear action-appropriate outfit and not just another schmancy dress.

Not entirely sure if she'll actually pick up a weapon in the movie, but the sporting blaster is a nice homage.
    A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. -George Lucas

She's up on Disney store.com

https://www.disneystore.com/action-f...45807/1000255/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice long giraffe neck.

Yowza

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast