Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 195

Thread: Unreleased Star Wars Figures

  1. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Simdog View Post
    Some people may agree, other may disagree but I always believed that Stan had some inside knowledge of what Hasbro was doing. Did it all come out like he said, no but lots of it did. With that being said, I've always wondered what items, from all the rumors that he shared, did he actually see pics of or maybe even actual items. I asked once but I don't think I ever got a response. I know that he is all but out of the SW rumor business and I can't blame him after the treatment that many greeted him with here. Shout out to Stan though for info during a time when Hasbro really began to suck.

    People say that Yakface, Twizvit and a few others were heavily rumored and I am now in serious doubt if we will ever see a new SA sculpt again. At least we can dream, based on some of Stan's last rumors.
    We'll see new SA sculpts, but maybe just for the new movies, not the OT or PT. JTA already posted a rumor report about an Walmart exclusive wave including an RO female X-Wing pilot, TFA Luke, and a few others I can't remember.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #112
    Oh, it was Snoke and repacked Royal Guard. Note the clues - 3.75, exclusive line.

    http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/co...icle&sid=19515


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Brett View Post
    For what it's worth, Stan had mentioned a new Lobot, Hammerhead, Yak Face and Tzvivvt at one point. And now Adam Pawlus has said the same thing - that Hasbro indeed tooled these up. So let's hope they get released at some point. I'm sure there are quite a few more. I remember JTA had a rumor list about 2 years ago that these as well as quite a few more listed. We'll have to cross our fingers and hope!
    Of course, just after I've already bought the next best Hammerhead and Lobot! Ah well!
    Modern versions of vintage Return of the Jedi figures: 17/17; 9/14

  4. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by gonkgonkgonk View Post
    Oh, it was Snoke and repacked Royal Guard. Note the clues - 3.75, exclusive line.

    http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/co...icle&sid=19515


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How accurate is this likely to be, in all honesty?
    Modern versions of vintage Return of the Jedi figures: 17/17; 9/14

  5. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by indysolo007 View Post
    Was this real or just a joke when it was shown, I can't remember.


    REAL.

    I actually took this particular photo when I worked for JTA. This was actually shown at SDCC in 2007 in the Hasbro booth. Hasbro was basically pitching this idea at the time, and wanted to show this off as a proof of concept. I got the sense that they really wanted to do it, and the funeral pyre featured lights and sounds. I think they were offering this is a followup to the exclusive set that featured Vader and the holographic Emporer.

    It's not clear if they were trying to pitch this to Lucasfilm Licensing or retailers as an exclusive idea. But I also got the sense that they wanted to gauge collector interest, too. Seeing how it never made it to market? Either it never got licensee approval, or no retailer wanted to pick this up.

  6. #116
    BTW, I had honestly forgotten about the Luke & Vader's funeral pyre. Otherwise I would have mentioned it earlier in the thread. I was disappointed that it didn't get made. But I think that even Hasbro had some concerns that a set like this was perhaps a little bit morbid. Hence them displaying it in their SDCC booth in an effort to gauge interest.

  7. #117
    Grand Admiral Utinniii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Canada; less Hothy than people think!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicklab View Post
    REAL.

    I actually took this particular photo when I worked for JTA. This was actually shown at SDCC in 2007 in the Hasbro booth. Hasbro was basically pitching this idea at the time, and wanted to show this off as a proof of concept. I got the sense that they really wanted to do it, and the funeral pyre featured lights and sounds. I think they were offering this is a followup to the exclusive set that featured Vader and the holographic Emporer.

    It's not clear if they were trying to pitch this to Lucasfilm Licensing or retailers as an exclusive idea. But I also got the sense that they wanted to gauge collector interest, too. Seeing how it never made it to market? Either it never got licensee approval, or no retailer wanted to pick this up.
    Well the sound chip shouldn't have been "uhhhh, Wait Luke! I'm not dead! Luke! Nooooooooooooooooooo!"

    Sometimes it also said "not again." just before the Noooooooooooooo.

  8. #118
    Grand Admiral Utinniii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Canada; less Hothy than people think!

    Quote Originally Posted by Utinniii View Post
    Well the sound chip shouldn't have been "uhhhh, Wait Luke! I'm not dead! Luke! Nooooooooooooooooooo!"

    Sometimes it also said "not again." just before the Noooooooooooooo.

    No EDIT: It also doubled as a bacon flavored incense burner.

  9. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Utinniii View Post
    No EDIT: It also doubled as a bacon flavored incense burner.
    And now I have the phrase "You must smell like feet wrapped in leathery burnt bacon" looping in my head.

    Thanks, Utinniii!

  10. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Brett View Post
    For what it's worth, Stan had mentioned a new Lobot, Hammerhead, Yak Face and Tzvivvt at one point. And now Adam Pawlus has said the same thing - that Hasbro indeed tooled these up. So let's hope they get released at some point. I'm sure there are quite a few more. I remember JTA had a rumor list about 2 years ago that these as well as quite a few more listed. We'll have to cross our fingers and hope!
    I'm not too terribly interested in fly head. Lobot and Hammerhead aren't on my list either, because those two hold up very well. Though I'd likely buy an SA update as they are dated in some ways. I just feel there are other candidates more deserving an upgrade.

    Yak Face though needs to be released! If he's not, it will be one of the biggest crimes they have committed against the Collector! It stands as one of the oldest figures to have still not received a modern update, that is in need of one. of course there are a couple more, but not quite a priority IMO.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •