Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Terminator Dark Fate (2019)

Terminator Dark Fate (2019)

2019 marks 35 years since the original terminator. the rights to the franchise will revert back to James Cameron.

Cameron has announced plans for a "reboot / conclusion" of the first 2 movies. (it's unclear if this means a whole new trilogy ; or just a re-imagining of part3)

the new movie will be produced by James Cameron , and directed by Tim Miller (director of Deadpool).

After breaking box office records with the R-rated Deadpool, Tim Miller backed away from the sequel Deadpool 2, reportedly due to creative differences with star/executive producer Ryan Reynolds.
    http://movieweb.com/terminator-reboo...james-cameron/

sounds like a winner. time will tell.
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt60 View Post
    2019 marks 35 years since the original terminator. the rights to the franchise will revert back to James Cameron.

Cameron has announced plans for a "reboot / conclusion" of the first 2 movies. (it's unclear if this means a whole new trilogy ; or just a re-imagining of part3)

the new movie will be produced by James Cameron , and directed by Tim Miller (director of Deadpool).

http://movieweb.com/terminator-reboo...james-cameron/

sounds like a winner. time will tell.
    I would absolutely be on board for a new part 3. T2 holds up extremely well and I'm not sure how well received a remake would be received. The first one I can take it or leave it.

Yeah, I'm not really on board for a reboot in the sense of a remake. I'm pretty fatigued by them at this point. Now a conclusion to the first two I could get behind. However, we're in R1 territory again with Arnie being too old. So CGI is needed once again on a major character. Unless it has nothing to do with him.

Although, the last one does have implications of rebooting the whole thing.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

yeah. I would not want a full-series reboot starting @ 1 again. I would be in favor of a 'reboot' @ part 3... ie: a new conclusion to the first two.

in a way, I think cameron owes it to the franchise. he sold his rights to a bunch of hacks, and look what they all came up with, over the years..

it would be poetic justice for him to go back to exactly where he left off, and show 'em how its done. finish it properly, and put it to bed. once and for all.

(make it a true 'conclusion' -- to BOTH: the onscreen AND offscreen sagas of this franchise).
    Last edited by Cobalt60; 01-22-2017 at 12:36 AM.
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

T2 is in my top 5 movies of all time and love Arnie but his so old now, I don't want to see an old Terminator on screen again and I don't want to see a reboot again that only lasts one movie errggghh before another reboot so for me it's really a tough spot to be in - I don't want a continuation since the franchise has run it's course and don't want a completely new story. *sigh*

I suppose if they reboot it and stick with it, they might be able to come up with an incredible trilogy of films.

But the way people talk about Avatar, how do you know his T3 would have been any better than what we got?

I thought the last movie had an interesting ending, and set up for a reboot though. You could say that the pivotal character could change to be Sara, not John. lol
    Or some new one.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

This franchise is in shambles and I doubt Cameron could manage to save it.
    Am I crazy? Or am I so sane that I blew your mind?

I couldnt imagine a remake of T2 that was on of the best movies in my lifetime. Please dont mess with T2...

I liked the first 2 movies but I really hate it when film franchises retcon/reboot every movie. It's not quite as bad with terminator since there's the time travel factor but even then it suffers some from "nevermind,the last movie didn't happen" retconning. Horror movies are especially bad about that.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast