Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: If only one Rogue character survived, who would you choose?

K2s0 no question. If i could pick two the other would be pao
    My Feedback
    Next character specific movie should be Darth Maul
    Stay on topic...stay on topic
    2+2=5

Quote Originally Posted by lumat View Post
    K2s0 no question. If i could pick two the other would be pao

Absolutely K-2SO. It’s the best character in any Disney SW film yet and possibly my favorite new character since 1983.

I thought Cassian was a really interesting character. Off the top of my head, I can't really think of another Star Wars character who's like him in temperament or skill set. It would've been cool to see another story with him doing his spy/espionage stuff, but post-Death Star.
    Feedback: http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1136488

The entire RO crew were unique and strong individuals.

Unfortunate that Bodhi has the most unsatisfying death of all the heroes. It's so incidental— even uneventful and anticlimactic, given how far he had come from his timid beginnings. He deserved going out in a blaze of glory.

And of all the ragtag gang, Bodhi is the most sympathetic, the most human, the most everyman. He’s a wonderfully written and excellently performed character. His nervous, timid and stuttering speech masks and many times, belie his natural instincts to rage against the system; the way he awkwardly scurries about is endearing, in his attempts to avoid gunfire while hooking up the transmission. Would be nice to see him survive Scarif and end up with some peace of mind, but I’m glad he didn’t since the theme of self-sacrcifice of RO is one of the strongest ever compounded in a SW story.

RO is the only SW story that I yearn for an extended cut. In an ideal world where talent and vision were held in high regard, Gareth and Tom as a duo would be offered a trilogy.
    Last edited by farmer; 06-13-2018 at 09:30 AM.

Bodhi, no doubt

Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post

Unfortunate that Bodhi has the most unsatisfying death of all the heroes. It's so incidental— even uneventful and anticlimactic, given how far he had come from his timid beginnings. He deserved going out in a blaze of glory.

To me, it doesn't matter. Bodhi's death has a similar underlying tone like say the death of Tasha Yar from ST:TNG. It was only later when the alternate Tasha Yar ("Yesterday's Enteprise") tried to find meaning in her counterpart's death upon learning of the circumstances behind that which become a notable storypoint for that episode.

Regardless, it remains to be seen if anyone (if any) left on Scarif will know of the circumstances behind Bodhi's death, so any stories stemming from the battle regarding his death whether it doesn't fit those actual circumstances will put some meaningful perspective on his demise I would imagine
    A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. -George Lucas

I liked Bodhi's death, because that's the way most people go out in a battle, unexpected and without "glory". It's in contrast with the silly way Chirrut dies with his last words and all that nonsense, while everyone arond him and Baze appear to suddenly not be bothered shooting at them anymore.

As for who should have survived? None of them. That's what makes the final impact of 'Rogue One' so brilliant.

^^^ Yes, you’re right of course about how soldiers are taken out just like that in real war. And as much of a war story as RO may be (for a PG-rated film), it’s still a “Star Wars” war story (requiring some dramatic flourishes), and would still be nice for a main character as Bodhi to have his “moment”, of which the rest of his team were afforded.

RO is the only SW story, that has me teary-eyed whenever I watch it. Every single time. Gareth is good.

When Jyn is overcome with emotions seeing her father’s hologramr, and the line from Galen “So much of my life has been wasted…”, the tearworks start, time and time again LOL ; And again with Jyn and Galen when he’s dying, her “Papa, it’s me…” OMG— that primal need to always feel like a child in a parent’s arms, no matter how hardened one may be…; When Chirrut tells Baze “You’ll always find me with the Force”, OMFG— the teamworks are unleashed; And by the time those two lost souls Jyn and Cassian finally find peace together on the beach, I’m reduced to a blubbering mess like Amy Winehouse on the kitchen floor going through withdrawal…

If ESB didn’t set the groundwork for such a visionary, mature and restrained tone for SW nearly 40 years ago, RO would easily be my fav SW story. Gareth and Tom saved SW for me— as much as I’m certain Kathy would likely never hire him again for any SW story. But then again, she seems to prefer SW as a lobotomized, neutered, generic, predictable and desperate MCU-wannabe. And Gareth is so much above all of that.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456