Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Tonnika Sisters question-

Tucson, wretched hive of scum and villany

A Tonnika Sisters question-

In this weeks Q&A at SirStevesGuide.com Hasbro said that they can't make the Tonnika Sisters.

"SSG: In the event that Hasbro collaborates with ToyFare Magazine or another outlet on a new open-entry official Fans' Choice poll, could you provide the voters a short list of characters that Hasbro absolutely cannot do - such as the Tonnikas - to ensure that the poll results are as useful as possible rather than having unusable entries? Hypothetically, if you were to do that, what characters might go on that list?
    Hasbro: You hit on the only characters that would be a waste of time on the list. Everyone else is fair game."

Does anyone else know anything about why Hasbro can't make the Tonnika Sisters? These are some of the Cantina Figures I have hoped to see for quite a while, but I had never before heard that they weren't allowed to produce them.
    Hasbro Wishlist- ANH- Theron Nett (Red 10), ESB- Hobbie, ROTJ- Horton Salm (Grey Leader), Lt Telsj, Kier Santage
    and all the new Rogue One pilots, especially BLUE LEADER!

Re: A Tonnika Sisters question-

I think it had something to do with aquiring the likeness rights didn't it?
    Yay, more EU in '07.

I think that's the going reason...

...but it's interesting that they say EVERY other character is fair game. Do they just mean movie-wise? If not, time for Holiday Special fans--and Jaxxon fans, for that matter--to start drumming up support for Malla & Lumpy & Itchy (and Jaxxon) in future polls.

Must be some really bad problem if Hasbro would consider Jaxxon before cantina denizens. I wonder if they realize what they said there? ANY character is fair game? BEA ARTHUR. NOW. I command you Hasbro.
    Yay, more EU in '07.

It was in another Q&A I read this week that they did say that the Holiday Special was also off limits.

I can not remember the site but the question was for an ewoks, droids, and holiday special gift set.
    Looking for Obi wan vintage and modern
    TRADE FEEDBACK - http://threads.rebelscum.com/showfla...part=1#1957540

Yeah, they said they "cannot approach the Holiday Special". But maybe if some site calls 'em on their "Everyone else is fair game" comment, they'll not be so quick to put misleading statements like that out there in the future. A simple modifier like "Everyone else FROM THE FILMS is fair game" would've solved that nicely. So, I hope some sites ask about that, referencing both it and the other site's "Holiday Special" comment together as potential contradictions. Did the HS comment simply refer to multipacks? Stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonimator
    Yeah, they said they "cannot approach the Holiday Special". But maybe if some site calls 'em on their "Everyone else is fair game" comment, they'll not be so quick to put misleading statements like that out there in the future. A simple modifier like "Everyone else FROM THE FILMS is fair game" would've solved that nicely. So, I hope some sites ask about that, referencing both it and the other site's "Holiday Special" comment together as potential contradictions. Did the HS comment simply refer to multipacks? Stuff like that.
    Well, thechnically the Holiday Special is a film. It wasn't shot digitally as I recall....
    Yay, more EU in '07.

I think Lucasfilm has a gag on the holiday special. If Lucas could he would erase it completely from history. So we won't see anything from it. Just be happy with our lonely animated Fett.
    Looking for Obi wan vintage and modern
    TRADE FEEDBACK - http://threads.rebelscum.com/showfla...part=1#1957540

I realize that Lucas hates the special, but I don't think he knows how much money he's sitting on there. Admit it, we'd all buy a copy for kicks. Ackmena, Malla, Itchy, and Lumpy are all highly requested figures. C'mon George. Swallow you pride and do it.
    Yay, more EU in '07.

They don't want to do Holiday Special stuff. It's possible that Lucasfilm doesn't want Holiday Special stuff. But they could do it. The Tonnika sisters cannot be done, no matter how much they might want to make them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast