Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for Hasbro that could please both Collectors and Kids

Quote Originally Posted by keknivek View Post
    ^^^ I like your idea of community and it sounds like you are advocating a Star Wars social platform of some sort. I don't think that sounds impossible, but they would have to have people to create content and cater to the fans. Currently, the Hasbro Pulse is awful and I wouldn't trust Hasbro to run my dog let alone run a social media site.

I have another idea in the works that incorporates the social media.
    Hasbro want's to put the least effort in and get the most effort out...I get that. I want them to do that. I would prefer them to spend ALL OF THEIR TIME ON THE FIGURES. Having said that I think the smart thing is to let your community provide the social media side for you. They would need to let a 3rd party come in and have access to everything. Essentially this is the exact same way Film Studio's handle Marketing for a film. The Best possible pitch wins. This might have a twist to it. I say the best possible and professional group of fans takes the helm and works for Hasbro behind the scenes. This would more than likely save them a few bucks while also beefing up a nice Social media Department at the same time. However, if they don't want to go that route they could just get a representative from some of the sites and allow them to act as ambassadors. Regardless it can be done and I truly feel like everything else is just allowing the team that works solely separate on the social side to handle it and have full access to the content (see things like sketches, mock-ups, developments, studio, artist etc) that would allow them to then bring enough content to make the social side a lot more viable for the fans. This is something that I was working on with a former Hasbro Employee on a completely different line before he left several years ago.I have heard the challenges there and I think I have ways around them but they are not the "cookie cutter" way of doing things and they are BIG and Different as far as toys go.I think that the toy biz needs something radically new in order to really shake things up and make every part worth the money. I personally am not even in the Toy Ind. but my connection to the gentleman who was kind of allowed me to play "what if" in that world and with something like Star Wars or even say...Marvel, they are missing the boat in a big way and I don't blame the team exactly I blame the people way above them. Remember minimal effort with a maximum payout. I do think you are right though. The Hasbro Team should not be doing the Social Element and that was one part of the whole of what I am saying they need to grow. They also need to understand the buyers and the way we buy and why we think things are frustrating and make no sense and they should be able to change those pretty easily. A lot of common sense things but a lot of things that they just need to try.

HasLab Proyect: Cantina.... But, make it affordable, one or to sections per year.
    "Ke nu'jurkadir sha mando'ade"

Quote Originally Posted by SlicersHolonet View Post
    The Hasbro Team should not be doing the Social Element and that was one part of the whole of what I am saying they need to grow. They also need to understand the buyers and the way we buy and why we think things are frustrating and make no sense and they should be able to change those pretty easily. A lot of common sense things but a lot of things that they just need to try.
    I wonder if Hasbro even has a social media team? It seems odd when questions are raised about when something will be out, like the Walmart Rey figure, and they say 'it's out now'... When it really isn't. I actually thought Pulse was going to be a big thing for them. And then the only news that comes out is from Steve Evans Instagram?????

The Sail Barge was basically left up to fan sites to advertise beyond a few mentions on sites like EW that fans might not ever see because they don't go to that site.
    I know a few fans that didn't know it existed until I mentioned it after the fact. One even used to run his own Star Wars site for years.
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

Yes, but where else should they have advertised about the Barge? It was a crowdfunding campaign, so there wasn't exactly a budget for TV ads etc.
    How is it that all these other crowdfunded action figure lines find an audience?

IMHO, if you're into collecting, you know. If you're not, you don't. No one told these people to leave collecting, or become oblivious to the offerings during that time.
    If you really cared at all, you'd keep your ear to the ground on these matters.

Hasbro is after all just a company offering a product, they shouldn't have to search the country side for buyers?
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

I agree. Even when I was off this site for six years, I kept track of the hobby. The return of TVC and Haslab brought me back, actually. But it’s true that in 2018 Hasbro is so far behind social media trends that it’s almost unbelievable.

1). Move all SA figs out of brick-and-morter (they’ve been trying to do that anyway); just have 5-poa and movie figs in stores.

2). Make Haslab an interactive website, requiring a username and password; charge people like $8.99 a year for membership. This would annoy people, but it would ensure that only serious suggestions are made, and it would limit the number of trolls.

3). Create “threads” where people can go and review info on certain franchises and intellectual properties (Star Wars, Transformers, GI Joe, My Little Pony, etc.) and discuss/campaign for products (more on that below).

4).Every year, beginning on a certain date (say, for random example, March 1st) and ending a week later (say, March 7th), people can submit figure requests (or vehicles, or beasts, or playsets, etc., under those headings) as potential Haslab projects. ALL submissions are official and automatically get on the ballet (unless for some good reason Hasbro has to veto them). Anyway, after a short review process, they get on the ballet. You have that one week per year to nominate a character. Haslab alerts/reminds members to log in and submit.

5). People then get until a certain date (say, like three months later, like September 1st at 9:00 p.m. or whatever) to “pay” (commit to buy, just like the barge) for certain figures. They could charge absolutely exorbitant prices (like $24.99 or even a ridiculous $39.99) because they would be hand-picked dream figures. If the character gets the required buys (like 6,000 or 10,000 or 12,000 or whatever they need it to be), it gets made. That year’s SA TVC line is made. They get released over the course of the year, in “waves,” if you will, maybe the highest vote-getters going out first (but all successful submissions going out). It essentially replaces Fan’s Choice, with real results.

6). The next year, you can resubmit a guy. So, you submit Ackmena (Bea Arthur’s character in the Holiday Special). So, she’s on the ballet. People aren’t going there to “vote” for her, but to “buy” her. They’ve committed their $24.99. But, she doesn’t get the required buys (let’s say she only gets 1,113 of the needed 6,000). Over the course of the year, you campaign for her (“I’ll buy your Fozec if you buy my Ackmena”). Then, on March 1st, you can submit her again. It would be like a player waiting to get voted into the Hall of Fame.

7). The first year, Haslab would have to make like 20 figures, because the Pietts and Aloos and (whisper it) Jaxxons of the world would all get their buys. Fan would be ecstatic, because they grass-root crowdfunded their dream fig. Hasbro would have to get after it, but hey, they used to make 40 or 60 figs all the time as standard practice. It would be like Fan’s Choice, but we’d get our top 10 or 12 instead of 1 that not everyone agreed on anyway.

8). Hasbro, there’s no risk. People agree to pay upfront; you charge their card on “September 1st” if the required number is met. It is perfectly democratic, and collectors are over the moon. And you make millions.

Tulgah, Welcome back! Very nice suggestion above^^^

I don't know that I love the idea because now we're looking at trying to make a specific figure be popular enough for people to pay 2-3 times what they would at retail. However, the idea is sound in the fact that with a subscription you would get those that are seriously interested only. I'd pay a small subscription to have access to Hasbro's design team with the agreement that I could potentially get a number of my wish list figures.

I don't know how many of my list would be on other lists, but it would be fun to find out.

This sounds like some seriously outside-the-box thinking that I'm not sure Hasbro will ever be interested in. They are a toy company, so if it doesn't have mass appeal is it worth the time? The Sail Barge showed it is feasible, but sustainable?

Great submission though!

I think with the subscription idea and crowdfunding on top of that, you certainly would get a decent list of characters. I'm pretty sure I'd be annoyed with submissions still though. I don't want a new Tatooine Luke in this format, I should be able to get one of those in the store.
    I do want Kitster & Wald, Cliegg Lars, Solomohal, Tonnika Sisters, Fozec, Sim Aloo, and EU characters like Jaxxon and Amaiza, Zayne Carrick and Gryph, Dass Jennir and Bomo Greenbark, .... that sort of thing. Perfect for Comic packs .... sigh.

Ill keep it super simple-

I would suggest if Hasbro could go through the old Kenner catalog of playsets, beasts, figures and vehicles and pick a handful to produce each year, starting with the best selling from the Kenner days.

For those toys that they have released in TVC, as an example, how about looking at upgrading them, whether it be cosmetic or in function.

The Kenner made SW toys started out for the children, now that group has matured and collects as Adults. Somewhere in the mix is the ability for Hasbro to make toys that attracts children to SW toys and gets collectors to collect them at the same time.

Wow... looking at this thread it looks like Hasbro might have been peeking.

My idea #3 is basically the Jabba's Palace Playset and the idea about social media Hasbro Toy Shop and Haslab converging seems to be happening as well.

I need to get some more ideas out there

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast