Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Marvel's Spider-Man 2 - Far From Home (2019)

I just was sitting there one day, Mysterio clearly my favorite Marvel supervillain, and I thought to myself...usually (these days) they used a subsidiary villain that sort of is a lacky for the main. They now do know how to write more than one antagonist proper. I remember they used to be a day when if a supervillain team up occurred in a movie...oh boy, oh boy were things about to get awful. But I trust the MCU, so I was dwelling on who would work well with Mysterio? Scorpion? Even though sort of set up in Homecoming....nah. Kraven? Not really. Sure they were in the sinister six together, but it always seemed like (plot armor...hey it IS comics) they were a team that always attacked separately. But Mysterio is (at his core) a con-artist...deception. And so is the Chameleon! They just mesh really well and I could see Mysterio having a purpose for someone with the Chameleon's talents. But then it really hit me in this last trailer....Nick Fury is smarter than this. Sure he could be working with Mysterio because he's on to him, but what would be an even bigger twist? Nick Fury is the Chameleon, Mysterio and he using his identify to gain Spider-Man's trust. Because, okay, since when does Nick Fury have trouble getting a hold of someone? Yet he clearly says that. Isn't that Nick's thing, super spy, no one can hold a secret from him? No one can hide from him! And I can't help but think Nick shooting a kid, even if it's a tranquilizer, feels....off. A bit harsh.

I don't know, may be entirely wrong....but that would be an awesome twist. But I'm like sure of it now, that these elemental characters (the ones that are modeled after Hydroman, Moltenman, and Sandman) are toooooooootally Mysterio illusions/tech/robots/tricks. I'm calling it, this is not the movie sinister six. They're not real. That would so add up to Mysterio's MO.
    Last edited by MysterioMaximus; 05-07-2019 at 04:13 PM.
    'But I don’t want to go among mad people,’ Alice remarked. ‘Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the Cat: ‘We’re all mad here. I’m mad, you’re mad.’ ‘How do you know I’m mad?’ said Alice. ‘You must be,’ said the Cat, ‘or you wouldn’t have come here.’ - Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

Quote Originally Posted by MysterioMaximus View Post
    I just was sitting there one day, Mysterio clearly my favorite Marvel supervillain, and I thought to myself...usually (these days) they used a subsidiary villain that sort of is a lacky for the main. They now do know how to write more than one antagonist proper. I remember they used to be a day when if a supervillain team up occurred in a movie...oh boy, oh boy were things about to get awful. But I trust the MCU, so I was dwelling on who would work well with Mysterio? Scorpion? Even though sort of set up in Homecoming....nah. Kraven? Not really. Sure they were in the sinister six together, but it always seemed like (plot armor...hey it IS comics) they were a team that always attacked separately. But Mysterio is (at his core) a con-artist...deception. And so is the Chameleon! They just mesh really well and I could see Mysterio having a purpose for someone with the Chameleon's talents. But then it really hit me in this last trailer....Nick Fury is smarter than this. Sure he could be working with Mysterio because he's on to him, but what would be an even bigger twist? Nick Fury is the Chameleon, Mysterio and he using his identify to gain Spider-Man's trust. Because, okay, since when does Nick Fury have trouble getting a hold of someone? Yet he clearly says that. Isn't that Nick's thing, super spy, no one can hold a secret from him? No one can hide from him! And I can't help but think Nick shooting a kid, even if it's a tranquilizer, feels....off. A bit harsh.

I don't know, may be entirely wrong....but that would be an awesome twist. But I'm like sure of it now, that these elemental characters (the ones that are modeled after Hydroman, Moltenman, and Sandman) are toooooooootally Mysterio illusions/tech/robots/tricks. I'm calling it, this is not the movie sinister six. They're not real. That would so add up to Mysterio's MO.
    I think it might actually be more of a surprise if it turns out Mysterio IS being truthful about "his Earth" and these monsters. I really want to support Multiverse, so I'm hoping that is a real thing. I think you are spot on.
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MysterioMaximus View Post

I'm still going with my theory from earlier in this thread ( ) that this could be a version of the Sinister Six, since there are 4 Elementals plus Mysterio and possibly Chameleon. The BAF from Hasbro lends credence to at least Molten Man having a more normal "human" starting point, just adding mass from his surroundings to become huge.
    No shoes, no brain, no service!

http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=852599 - Feedback Thread

Saw a few more clips, I now think...yeah...there is a multiverse now because Mysterio drops "This is Earth 616," they wouldn't drop that line if it didn't exist. However, this does not mean Mysterio is telling the truth about being from a different multiverse Earth. I think he became aware of the multiverse and simply used THAT to gain a level of exposure in order to gain...well...more exposure.
    'But I don’t want to go among mad people,’ Alice remarked. ‘Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the Cat: ‘We’re all mad here. I’m mad, you’re mad.’ ‘How do you know I’m mad?’ said Alice. ‘You must be,’ said the Cat, ‘or you wouldn’t have come here.’ - Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

Well we all know his background, so we can't really take anything we see him do or say at face value.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

In the free Previews thing at comic shops for Marvel's Spidey comics this week, they have an ad that says "Prepare for the blockbuster film with these collections!". And what is listed is Spider-Man vs. Mysterio TPB & Spider-Man: Sinister Six TPB. Hurm....
    No shoes, no brain, no service!

http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=852599 - Feedback Thread

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345