Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel's Spider-Man 2 - Far From Home (2019)

Well, if the rumor is true that Jake Gyllenhaal is currently in talks to sign as Mysterio, you may just get your wish!

Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    Well, if the rumor is true that Jake Gyllenhaal is currently in talks to sign as Mysterio, you may just get your wish!
    I'm reeeeeeally hoping the rumor is true and I think Jake is a fantastic choice!
    'But I don’t want to go among mad people,’ Alice remarked. ‘Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the Cat: ‘We’re all mad here. I’m mad, you’re mad.’ ‘How do you know I’m mad?’ said Alice. ‘You must be,’ said the Cat, ‘or you wouldn’t have come here.’ - Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

I would LOVE to see Mysterio. I never read any SM comics, too many to follow back when I was a kid (I do recall having a Morbius issue, maybe late 70's, that was a cool issue), I lovked the old 1964ish TV cartoon and then the late 70's TV SM (although never had any "real" comic based villans) and any SM cartoon until 1990s or so.
    I was never a Kraven fan.. maybe because he didn't appear in that 60's cartoon.
    As far as any redo of previous villians..GREEN GOBLIN!! I never liked the green armor/static mask. I wished the mask was like Jim Carey's "The Mask" in that it would take over Norman's face and of coarse, his identity and sane Norman would've grown unable to remove the mask, hence his insanity.
    0h an SP3 GG 2.0..that was TERRIBLE!! I had to keep reminding myself that it's suppose to be GG and not a crossover w/a Green Lantern wanna-be. I too had hoped that character would've been Hobgoblin. Nothing against Jamie Foxx but I also hated the Palpatine-wanna-be Electro. I get it that the classic look w/star head wouldn't fair well on film but I wished his uniform was dark green but as his powers intensified, his extremities would start glowing changing from dark to light green to yellow then finally to white
    But yeah, I'm hoping rumor is true that mysterio is the villan. That may prompt me to finally see Homecoming. I've wanted to see it for Keaton but the Justin Bieber spiderman just turned me off of Spiderman just as Clooney did for Batman. (thank goodness Bale took over for next 3 and please can he come back as BM, Afflect was ..well he was BM- just a different meaning for BM

if mysterio..please don't F up the costume- same w/ SM-- Toby's costume was the best (I do admit doc-ok was better on film than classic comic look- trench coat looked bad *** same w/ Lizard- when he had the lab coat on)
    Last edited by R1G4R3PO; 06-27-2018 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R1G4R3PO View Post
    I would LOVE to see Mysterio. I never read any SM comics, too many to follow back when I was a kid (I do recall having a Morbius issue, maybe late 70's, that was a cool issue), I lovked the old 1964ish TV cartoon and then the late 70's TV SM (although never had any "real" comic based villans) and any SM cartoon until 1990s or so.
    I was never a Kraven fan.. maybe because he didn't appear in that 60's cartoon.
    As far as any redo of previous villians..GREEN GOBLIN!! I never liked the green armor/static mask. I wished the mask was like Jim Carey's "The Mask" in that it would take over Norman's face and of coarse, his identity and sane Norman would've grown unable to remove the mask, hence his insanity.
    0h an SP3 GG 2.0..that was TERRIBLE!! I had to keep reminding myself that it's suppose to be GG and not a crossover w/a Green Lantern wanna-be. I too had hoped that character would've been Hobgoblin. Nothing against Jamie Foxx but I also hated the Palpatine-wanna-be Electro. I get it that the classic look w/star head wouldn't fair well on film but I wished his uniform was dark green but as his powers intensified, his extremities would start glowing changing from dark to light green to yellow then finally to white
    But yeah, I'm hoping rumor is true that mysterio is the villan. That may prompt me to finally see Homecoming. I've wanted to see it for Keaton but the Justin Bieber spiderman just turned me off of Spiderman just as Clooney did for Batman. (thank goodness Bale took over for next 3 and please can he come back as BM, Afflect was ..well he was BM- just a different meaning for BM

if mysterio..please don't F up the costume- same w/ SM-- Toby's costume was the best (I do admit doc-ok was better on film than classic comic look- trench coat looked bad *** same w/ Lizard- when he had the lab coat on)
    I always hated the Green Goblin suit, particular the helmet, they put Dafoe in. I thought the performance was phenomenal, but it was so hard for me to get past that stupid power ranger mask. I always argued that Willam DaFoe looks more frightening and more like the GG out of costume than he does in. All due respect to the man, but his face can be freaking terrifying and he simply and naturally just looks like some sort of...well...goblin. With an actor so expressive and a face like that, why on Earth would you COMPLETELY cover it up? I always found it to be a huge mistake and highly distracting.

My concept design (I was so annoyed by the final film version I actually drew out what I would have done) for a live-action Green Goblin always looked akin to one of the Moria Orcs from Lord of the Rings. That way it would be a latex mask that adheres to DaFoe's face, so we'd get every horrifying facial expression and emotion out of his preformance while still hiding his identity.

Have you seen what the original Green Goblin mask was? Before I even knew, that's pretty much what they original did too; sort of an Orcish like look. The original concept design prototype, I mean. It got as far as being made and got test shoots. Check these out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEZBhL5lpqg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fXAGC_B2Ys

Now THAT would have been a MILLION times better than what we got. Alas it was scrapped apparently because it was deemed "too scary" for the lil kiddies. So they went with the infamous power ranger look instead.

As for Kraven, I never cared much for him either...that is until I read Kraven's Last Hunt. Give that a read, it'll completely change your perspective on the character. It certainly changed mine.
    Last edited by MysterioMaximus; 06-27-2018 at 03:06 PM.
    'But I don’t want to go among mad people,’ Alice remarked. ‘Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the Cat: ‘We’re all mad here. I’m mad, you’re mad.’ ‘How do you know I’m mad?’ said Alice. ‘You must be,’ said the Cat, ‘or you wouldn’t have come here.’ - Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

Mysterio yes, Gyllenhaal, no thanks.

I think Mysterio and Chameleon as a duo would be good. Then Black Cat as an Ally for Peter.

Far From Home, is this about him getting back to Earth from Space after IW? lol
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Mysterio yes, Gyllenhaal, no thanks.

I think Mysterio and Chameleon as a duo would be good. Then Black Cat as an Ally for Peter.

Far From Home, is this about him getting back to Earth from Space after IW? lol
    I'm def. glad you like most my concepts, hopefully they go with it. I mean...I'm clearly die-hard spidey. I was even part of the Spider-Man fanclub as a kid. Yes there really was one. Hah! I even bought the first appearance of Mysterio (Amazing Spider-Man #13), years ago, and got it autographed by Stan Lee. Even basically stalked the poor man, long story, found out at the same hotel, not super creepy...just some (lol)...just to meet him out of the convention experiences. By God it worked and he was as charming and sweet as you can imagine and so kind. I talked to him for a good ten minutes before I was shooed away. It was amazing! Even gave a free auto and photo with him. I'd like to think he gave me that because he recognized a true fan of his work and not someone just trying to get stuff off him to sell on Ebay. Because we went in depth, though he got a lot of details wrong. But firstly he's so elderly, this was over a decade ago too, and secondly, from his POV he made SO many characters it's simply impossible to remember them all.

I guess your only issue is the casting. See I dig Jake as. But I can also dig others. Just not a fan of Jake Gyllenhall?

If I may, since he's really getting up there and not doing so well of late, I want to put it out there. As a fan who Stan granted far more to than just a convention meet up, meaning a few seconds and a photo, I actually met the man. For real. Can even prove it. Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, Steve Ditko, and John Romita Sr. (among others but those especially) really helped form my character. I wish I could have met them too. They all showed me so much. Ethics. Morals. Right and wrong. As a child I learned something from comic books...I learned how to try to be a good person despite the world spitting on you all the time. My father and my favorite comic book writers and artists showed me how to endure this cruel and horrid world. But they also showed me it's not always horrid at all. In fact, it's just an adventure. That we all take in our own way.
    Last edited by MysterioMaximus; 06-28-2018 at 02:03 AM.

I think Gyllenhaal works better as a creepy weirdo bad guy sort. See Donnie Darko/Nightcrawler. It's hero roles I have a hard time seeing him in...
    Things I need
    Marvel Legends Scarlet Witch (Allfather), Titanium Boba Fett helmet
    Have: BF Shocktrooper, various TFA, Tarkin, Zuckuss
    "Warning: If your Man is Iron for more than four hours, consult your Doctor Doom...

Apparently the movie takes place in Europe.
    Naughtiest lines in Star Wars:
    You came in that thing?! You're braver than I thought!
    Luke, at that speed will we be able to pull out in time?
    Back door huh? Good idea.

Spider-Man: Far From Home

Last edited by Neal; 01-15-2019 at 09:45 AM.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast