Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Jabba's Palace Diorama

Those look good! I wish I had thought of using washers when I made mine.
    I bought some nail-art jewels to create the lights on them.
    I actually found a way to light them up from the inside, but I didn't wind up using it.

I meant to comment on your overhead grills. The shadows are perfect!
    Last edited by Utinniii; 10-14-2016 at 08:53 AM.

WOW! That's quite impressive. Some of those pics look like the movie set. Great job!
    "Ya koon tacha poonoo nee sah, gee." [Your mind powers will not work on me, boy] - Jabba the Hutt

Yes Utinniii, I used clasp for jewelry too. Thank you for your comment about overhead grills shadows.

Thanks a lot bwise. Your words encourage me to continue

Awesome. I did this about 5 years ago. You nailed the amount of weathering and wall color pretty nice. the problem i had was, i made the walls too dark, then Jabba and his dais were released after I had already painted. I ended up re-painting the dais to match the walls (mistake)
    There are so many little crappy bowls and containers, just weird stuff hanging everywhere, most people don't ever notice all of it. Great job with all of it, especially the bbq. I'd be up for buying one of those. The bbq was tough to make and the video gambling machine on the wall that BG-J38 is playing was a pain too.

I'm curious, there's a pattern on the face of the stairs that lead up and behind Jabba, are you adding those? lol
    Super jealous of your work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Thank you starwars,

For the moment, I realized only the lower part of the barbecue in 3D.
    After this big 3D work, maybe I'll propose purchase copies of objects that I modeled for people who would be interested.
    I think modeling the complete version of the barbeques and to propose objects painted by me or not.

Meanwhile, I continue my arduous task but so interesting at the same time.

Below: Step achieving the hanged elements along the walls of the Palace. Made with Fimo clay, metal parts, wire ...

You probably already know this, but the "hanging elements" i think are hookah pipes for smoking some sort of drug like opium/spice. Again, nice job on these, they look great.

Thank you very much Ashy_Larry.
    You're a fan of Jabba's Palace too, it's cool.
    You don't have posted you work somewhere? I would like to see it.
    The bbq is a complicated piece to make indeed. The BG-J38 video consoles too.
    I also planned to realize it in 3D printing. There are also two consoles. It is therefore simpler

I don't see the pattern on the face of the stair? Can you tell me more precisely please? Thanks.

Yes you are right for the hookah pipes of drug. It's the best hypothesis.

This is stunningly beautiful work, Jess!! The FINEST Jabba's throne room diorama I have ever seen! The lighting is absolutely superb too. Congratulations on a stunning piece!!

Thank you very much DARKLORD1967,

I try to do the best I can, taking the necessary time.
    It's long... and your encouragement gives me much "Force" for the next phase of the project

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post

I don't see the pattern on the face of the stair? Can you tell me more precisely please? Thanks.

Yes you are right for the hookah pipes of drug. It's the best hypothesis.
    All the stair facings have a pattern of cylinders that stick out. They look like the ledge behind 3-PO.

I achieved the effect by sticking a lollipop stem into the foam. You have to be careful when you plaster or you will lose the effect. One could try the stem thing with the wet plaster though.

There is a patterned paper that has the effect but the pattern disappears when you paint it. (I had considered making a mold from the paper and stamping it into the stair.)

Ah yes of course! Thank you Untinniii.
    I had the same problem as you with the stair. With can see very well detail with these pictures too :

Small bubbles of the patterned paper founded with the water contained in acrylic painting.
    I had also thought to paint with an airbrush but unfortunately mine stopped working.
    Indeed it's an important detail and I hope to find the solution.
    Lollipop is a good idea. This is nice on your photo. But I really want to get the flare effect "bubble" and not flat.
    I'm too perfectionist I think.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast