Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain Bistan vs Shoretrooper

Captain Bistan vs Shoretrooper

His popped up on screen in the trailer and was even on stage at Star Wars Celebration Europe, is anyone else up for seeing Rebel fighter Bistan from Rogue One made into a figure?

What's a "Bistan?" All I know is Space Monkey!
    See you around, kid.

What is he doing hiding in the ship's Nerf launcher? Crazy space monkey, must get himself into all sorts of scrapes like an intergalactic Curious George.

Hopefully he is in a two pack like the other alien rebels, he can come with a standup cannon that fires but can be replaced with a more screen accurate weapon as pictured.

That weapon looks to be some sort of M60/M240B hybrid.

Would definitely pick one up. Reminds me a little too much of the raccoon from Guardians of the Galaxy, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Sceptaurus View Post
    Would definitely pick one up. Reminds me a little too much of the raccoon from Guardians of the Galaxy, though.
    i was thinking the very same thing...but then again, why shouldn't they "copy" off another franchise? Rebels?CW do/did it all the time it seems. That is/was my biggest gripe w/ Rebels/CW ..the "copying" is so obvious most times. I love/d the shows but it is a bit of a turn-off. Luckily, I have my DVR set to record Rebels because many times, I just "forget" it is on until later that night or the next day.

..back to Bistan,...his gun in that above pic, kinda reminds me of the 1980's vintage Snowtrooper/Dengar rifle. IG-88's was a bit different

in one promo image it appears that Bistan and Pao are a central part of the main group with Jyn and Cassain etc. But actually I doubt they are, and that is the only image I have seen where they are featured prominently. In fact they appear to be very much on the fringes based on trailers and images. I would guess that Bistan has a very small role.
    Most wanted figures: Vedain, Luke Bespin (Beatup version), Fozec, Taym Dren Garen, Sim Aloo

Quote Originally Posted by Idpullthecurtain View Post
    I would guess that Bistan has a very small role.
    I'm pretty sure Gareth Edwards confirmed Bistan has little more than a glorified cameo in the film. They had to temper expectations after how his segment in the Celebration BTS video was received extraordinarily well.
    See you around, kid.

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast