Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain Bistan vs Shoretrooper

I'm always up for more alien/creature figures and characters; even if they are hairy, possum-looking things!
    "Evacuate? In our moment of triumpth? I think you overestimate their chances!"

It's an M60 receiver, with a modified barrel and shroud, and alot of greeblies attached.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklab View Post
    The way that Bistan was trotted out at the Star Wars Celebration ROGUE ONE cast & filmmaker panel does not seem like he's a character that's going to wind up on the cutting room floor.
    you just never know with a film making process. Lots of stuff that is planned and worked hard on doesn't make it onto screens. I am not saying it's especially likely with this particular character, it just that you can't take things for granted in a production phase. This character could be a really key role, but then again he might not even be on screen once. We just don't know.
    Most wanted figures: Vedain, Luke Bespin (Beatup version), Fozec, Taym Dren Garen, Sim Aloo

I wouldn't get my hopes up about Bistan.
    They really tempered down expectations after his appearances at Celebration went over extraordinarily well.

Plus if the merchandise is any indicator (or lack thereof), they made the Funko Pop of him a Con exclusive. That doesn't bode well for him being an integral character.
    See you around, kid.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueKnite View Post
    I wouldn't get my hopes up about Bistan.
    They really tempered down expectations after his appearances at Celebration went over extraordinarily well.

Plus if the merchandise is any indicator (or lack thereof), they made the Funko Pop of him a Con exclusive. That doesn't bode well for him being an integral character.
    I think we all know he isn't an integral character. But I do hope they make a figure.
    Most wanted figures: Vedain, Luke Bespin (Beatup version), Fozec, Taym Dren Garen, Sim Aloo

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklab View Post
    The way that Bistan was trotted out at the Star Wars Celebration ROGUE ONE cast & filmmaker panel does not seem like he's a character that's going to wind up on the cutting room floor.

Tell that to Bobbajo! He was shown off at a convention and in photos but we only saw him in one scene, off to the side.

Regardless, I hope we get a figure of him.

I think Bistan is probably going to happen. Granted, the line is being rolled out at a slow pace, and it may take some time for him to get offered in the 3.75" figure line. But I've seen Bistan in those scans from one of the reference books, the Celebration sizzle reel, TV spots (door gunner on a U-wing), and the big Rebel briefing scene. He's almost certainly in the movie. So was Bobajo, btw.

You can see him in the Rebel briefing room with Mon Mothma in the 'Breath' trailer.

Couple of images,
    Great new shot of him as the gunner!

And the Topps card (gives his actors name, yes he plays the Green Telitubsy Nick Kellington
    Sorry, now the image if him is tainted forever)

It is the mission of each true Jedi Knight... His duty... nay, his privilege!
    To dream, the impossible dream... To fight, the uneatable foe... To reach the unreachable star!
    This is my quest, to follow that star. No matter how hopeless, no matter how far.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast