Page 11 of 94 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperial Assault Hovertank

My kids and I are excited for this!
    I am member number 666. Execute order 66!

Quote Originally Posted by wedgeswingman View Post
    Speculation no longer, and getting the driver to boot. Now if only we could get better pictures.
    Looks like we're getting the Driver AND the Commander! And the Driver is the single carded one for some reason? The photo on the card is just his little head poking out of that hole in the tank!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TK_842 View Post
    Geared toward adult audience. Hopefully nothing cheesy like Nerf or similar atrocities. From the blue prints, it looks quite detailed and will include moving parts and Kyber Crystal crates.
    And the crystal crates have multiple parts compartments that hold a dozen tiny little crystals. The top is removable and the interior has its own tiny accessories including a cupholder and cup of coffee which apparently they actually included as an Easter egg in some cross section illustration.

This thing is insanely detailed. I'd almost say too detailed with so many minuscule parts. It'll take an hour to assemble out of the box. But I guess this is their way of signaling how collector oriented the line is.

Quote Originally Posted by Julythrunov View Post
    It's not a hover tank.

The TX-225 GAVw "Occupier" combat assault tank,[1] also known as the TX-225A Occupier tank, or simply the Imperial combat assault tank, was a track-propelled ground assault vehicle used by the Galactic Empire,[2]
    Hmm, I could have sworn that in some quick closeup in the movie it looked like the treads were floating an inch or two off the ground... have to go re watch the scenes

@gonkgonkgonk where are you getting this intel from? are you actually at the con? Sounds really good if we indeed get both a carded pilot and a pack-in commander. It seems Hasbro did confirm there wouldn't be any figure included with the vehicle itself due to pricing issues.

Really looking forward to this! I know some people think the design is boring, but that's part of why I like it so much. It looks more like a piece of army equipment that only exists to perform a specific set of functions, not look pretty. So, when I think of it along those lines, I think it's pretty awesome.

Plus, it could have been worse. It could have been this hideous thing:
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by TK_842 View Post
    @gonkgonkgonk where are you getting this intel from? are you actually at the con? Sounds really good if we indeed get both a carded pilot and a pack-in commander. It seems Hasbro did confirm there wouldn't be any figure included with the vehicle itself due to pricing issues.
    Nope, but you can watch the entire panel where they show all this stuff on the Star Wars Action News Facebook page.

I have wanted this vehicle since I first saw it in the trailers and seeing how detailed the toy is going to be, I am over the moon. I am in for at least two of these - just need to start saving up now for the TVC relaunch and as I hardly buy anything these days, that should be easy... I heard 80.00?
    Hasbro, hear my plea for the Rickshaw Droid!
    Current top five most wanted: rickshaw droid, Kalyn farnmir, veedaaz awmeth, toonbuck toora, BD-3000 "Betty droid".
    My feedback thread: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t858622/

Quote Originally Posted by gonkgonkgonk View Post
    Hmm, I could have sworn that in some quick closeup in the movie it looked like the treads were floating an inch or two off the ground... have to go re watch the scenes

Treads floating off the ground? Er....how would that ...make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Julythrunov View Post
    Treads floating off the ground? Er....how would that ...make sense?
    lol Though i see what you mean in that instance, a mix of both technologies could benefit the vehicle in specific situations. Deep water is an example... though i seem to remember hearing somewhere hovering don't work over water but i can't remeber where

Page 11 of 94 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast