Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperial Death Trooper

Need as many as I can get which might be only 1 with the distribution around here.

If the parts are removable to make him a regular Death Trooper and the squad leader than this is going to be even better. I have 3 Wal-marts in my city and only 1 has received any of the ERG & Ahsoka wave so far. I'm hoping this next wave is in much better supply.
    Looking to trade?
    My Feedback - My Trade Thread

Quote Originally Posted by matto View Post
    If the parts are removable to make him a regular Death Trooper and the squad leader than this is going to be even better. I have 3 Wal-marts in my city and only 1 has received any of the ERG & Ahsoka wave so far. I'm hoping this next wave is in much better supply.
    that should be the case. It would really make it a great figure if the accessories are removable.
    Most wanted figures: Vedain, Luke Bespin (Beatup version), Fozec, Taym Dren Garen, Sim Aloo

Quote Originally Posted by matto View Post
    Nope.

They need to get this line away from Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by MyenShi View Post
    Nope.

They need to get this line away from Walmart.
    if WalMart didn't sell this line, then it wouldn't get produced.
    Most wanted figures: Vedain, Luke Bespin (Beatup version), Fozec, Taym Dren Garen, Sim Aloo

I still question the "fact" that no other store chains (or even online) wanted these. I think Hasbro was losing WM on the SW front and wanted to give the higher ups something to get them back. The problem is that the higher ups may have landed a coup, but how the line is handle at the customer level was always going to be trouble for the end consumer.

I've never heard any online retailers stating that Hasbro asked them if they wanted the line, but they said no. I don't think Hasbro wanted to offer the line to anybody, but WM and Hasbro's hope all along has been to kill the SA 3.75" line by pushing the 6" line and having their main line of 3.75" figures be aimed at the kiddie market with 5 POA. Hasbro's been hoping that nobody buy the SA 3.75" line so they have a reason to get rid of us old, longtime, loyal collectors. Hasbro figures that if they ever need us again, they'll be able to show up with a whole line of never-before-made SA 3.75" figures from the newer films and we'll just run back to them with open arms.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper31 View Post
    I still question the "fact" that no other store chains (or even online) wanted these. I think Hasbro was losing WM on the SW front and wanted to give the higher ups something to get them back. The problem is that the higher ups may have landed a coup, but how the line is handle at the customer level was always going to be trouble for the end consumer.

I've never heard any online retailers stating that Hasbro asked them if they wanted the line, but they said no. I don't think Hasbro wanted to offer the line to anybody, but WM and Hasbro's hope all along has been to kill the SA 3.75" line by pushing the 6" line and having their main line of 3.75" figures be aimed at the kiddie market with 5 POA. Hasbro's been hoping that nobody buy the SA 3.75" line so they have a reason to get rid of us old, longtime, loyal collectors. Hasbro figures that if they ever need us again, they'll be able to show up with a whole line of never-before-made SA 3.75" figures from the newer films and we'll just run back to them with open arms.
    Unfortunately, this all makes perfect sense. The 3.75" TBS "sub-line" (for lack of a better word) is definitely not being supported by Hasbro whatsoever. It's been a real hassle to collect, especially since the line became a Wal-mart exclusive.

Out of "the big three" brick & mortar retailers for toys (Wal-mart, Target, and TRU), Wal-mart is definitely the worst. Their toy aisles are always disorganized/messy, they typically have very little product in general (in relation to the other two retailers), and their exclusives are next-to-impossible to find.

In terms of the customer experience, YES, WalMart is horrible. I don't think many people would argue that point.

But very often situations like this are highly dependent on the NUMBERS. There are over 5000 WalMart stores (of varying levels) across the United States. Now compare that with other potential exclusive partners.

Target: 1800 stores in the US
    Toys R Us: 850+ stores in the US
    K-Mart: 850+ stores in the US

Believe me, I would much rather spend my money at either Target or Toys R Us. But the sheer number of WalMart stores makes the likelihood that a collector will be able to find an exclusive figure that much greater. And it's because of the volume WalMart can do and the number of stores where they can stock product.

As for this version of the Death Trooper? I'm really looking forward to it.... provided I can find it!

Good point. TRU & Target do have fewer stores, and do definitely see less traffic. One of the Wal-marts in my area is open 24/7, so obviously gets a lot more shoppers. And, if I go to this Wal-mart in the evening (especially late evening) the lines are incredibly long. I never see this many people in either TRU or Target.

Re: K-mart, I have no way to get any exclusives there since all of the K-marts in my area closed down several years ago. I thought the whole chain had closed until I went out of town & noticed a couple of them around. I wasn't able to get those Ewok exclusives that hit K-marts about 4-6 years ago. So, I hope this chain doesn't get any more SW exclusives. Also, the K-marts I've been to are almost always in sketchy parts of town.

Still waiting on a FO Stormtrooper, so I don't like my chances on my end of the planet.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast