Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Scariff Stormtrooper Squad Leader

Scariff Stormtrooper Squad Leader

Please use this thread to talk about the new Walmart Stormtrooper Squad Leader figure

Thoughts on this figure? Who's going to be buying it?

The more I see of this guy the more I want it, SA is a great bonus.

My preferred figure of the new imperial designs. I know that everyone loves the dwarf troopers but, to me they just don't feel like a star wars design. Too gi joe for my tastes.

Death troopers *.

Although I'm sure dwarf troopers would be loved by all as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GNT View Post
    Please use this thread to talk about the new Walmart Stormtrooper Squad Leader figure

Thoughts on this figure? Who's going to be buying it?
    Anyone who can find it...

Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by Julythrunov View Post
    My preferred figure of the new imperial designs. I know that everyone loves the dwarf troopers but, to me they just don't feel like a star wars design. Too gi joe for my tastes.
    Have to admit I kinda feel the same way about all these new R1 troops. They're okay and all, and agree that this one looks like it fits the most. But to me they seem like they're put in there for the sake of it. They aren't really performing any tasks that can't be filled by any one of the original established trooper variants now.
    Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning

I agree...I like the design...but much like the tie striker, this trooper along with the others feels shoe horned in for the sake of "new". Another example of film makers not respecting the viewer and trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

"Dat look shiny and new!"

And before anyone says it...NO I don't feel like a film like rogue ones needs new troopers designed for the film. I can accept the u-wing but that's about it as far as new designs exclusive to this story.

"You just watch yourself, we're wanted men! I have the death sentence on twelve systems!"

To clarify, since the rebels were less organized and on the run I can accept the rebellion having variations on their outfits. I can also accept stormtroopers having different equipment on their ALREADY existing uniforms. But because the stormtrooper is the standard look for the empire and these troops all appear to be doing the same job (unlike tie pilots or biker scouts or at at drivers etc) I take issue with all these new designs.

Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast