Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Third Anthology Movie Confirmed for 2020

The article is just speculation reported as fact. Disney has been "working on Boba Fett,Obi Wan, and Yoda movies" since the sale was announced but not a single announcement from Disney that indicates they've even decided what the next Star Wars Story will be. It's just sites trying to sound like they got a scoop if later down the line a safe bet movie like Boba Fett gets announced.

Well, they do need to think seriously about which one is next. Since TLJ is this year and Solo is next, with EP9 in 2019 and 2020 coming pretty fast. In theory they would need to start sometime 2018 with script/story, then move to filming in 2019.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Well, they do need to think seriously about which one is next. Since TLJ is this year and Solo is next, with EP9 in 2019 and 2020 coming pretty fast. In theory they would need to start sometime 2018 with script/story, then move to filming in 2019.
    I agree that time-wise they should be getting ready to start but I wonder if the troubles with Rogue One and now the Han Solo movie might have Disney rethinking about just going into production to meet a release timeline. If that's the case than I prefer they go that route than DCU's plan of announcing 50 films.

That said, I would imagine that "someone" is already writing a rough draft for all three. So that a script could be close to being done by the time the decide which one to go with. Thus only leaving hiring a Director, cast and crew. Then when they actually choose, they'll get someone else to polish the script and do any rewrites they feel are necessary. The actual filming doesn't take that long in grand scheme, it's the post production CGI stuff. Plus any reshoots that are needed.

Tough it seems Disney is pumping these out like they're done in a factory assembly line, as opposed to how GL did them. With all the trouble the seem to have, you'd think longer production time are warranted. Thus not doing them every year. Every other would be fine.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567