Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Third Anthology Movie Confirmed for 2020

right,.. and well, I wouldn't say ruined, just covered already. even in TCW he was still young, so a tale when he establishes his own career and reputation, the potential is still there. He's famous to us of course in the films/TCW, but this vast galaxy has yet to discover him and his ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnor_Jax View Post
    Not really he's a clone of the baddest *** bounty hunter ever??? They could do his backstory justice...
    Last edited by jpolli666; 11-14-2016 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by matto View Post
    I hear a lot of talk about Boba Fett, and also Obi-wan. I think both have some good "potential."
    I think it so lazy, and boring. I wish they would move away from these old characters and start writing some new stories. The possibilities are endless.
    Most wanted figures: Vedain, Luke Bespin (Beatup version), Fozec, Taym Dren Garen, Sim Aloo

that's like telling Marvel to create a different superhero just for the movies: forget spiderman. create AntelopeMan. he was bitten by a radioactive antelope.
    using "old characters" is lazy. and boring. they should just move away from the "old characters" and create new ones... the possibilities are endless... etc.

(( if marvel sutdios made a movie about AnelopeMan ..(dibs on royalties, btw).. then would it still be a "marvel movie"? since it has no marvel characters in it?
    what makes it Marvel? is it simply the name of the studio? and not the inherited legacy of the characters?))

and/or:

Disney paid $4.2B for these "old characters" -- why would they create new characters, without at least exploring the ones they already PAID FOR? that's kinda why they bought them in the first place.

--> you don't buy a collection of vingate kenner figures, only to "bin them" and sculpt your own from scratch, because the old ones are "boring". and out of sheer arrogance you feel like YOU can do it "better" with your eyes closed.

(( if that were truly the case , then they wouldn't have spent $4.2billion on Star Wars; they would have made a go of it, with John Carter instead. (because the possibilities are 'endless' in THAT universe too) -- they could just create "new characters" to replace John Carter and be done with it -- why buy Star Wars? at all? if the expectation is to scrap the existing characters and create new ones anyways? --> forget Boba Fett --> just make a "Star Wars" movie about AntelopeMan... (!) ... dibs on royalties!!!bwahaha!!!))
    Last edited by Cobalt60; 11-14-2016 at 01:33 PM.
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

But Marvel and Star Wars are vastly different. For starters, Marvel has been around a lot longer and have a lot more characters. So there are enough built in ones to explore still in Movies. Star Wars not so much, unless we're talking about all those blink and miss characters. But teh Main ones have had their time to shine, and said their piece.

That said, I have always wanted to see a Live Action Boba Fett movie. I just think it would be tricky now. You would have to skip the "origin story" that Hollywood seems to love retelling. Focus more on the middle of his career, when he was Bad***! Just act like we already know about him, because EVERYONE already does. And the biggest trouble would be, what does he do to be significant in the story? He obviously cannot be involde in bigger arcing story like what Jyn is doing. All his stories would be "small time", in the sense of what the rebels are doing to preserve something. There's also the problem of running into established OT characters, who of which are much older or deceased. Fett himself is easy, keep the helmet on. No need to hire Fassbender or some other BIG Star for it.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

When it comes to lesser characters, they should do ensemble type movies - While Boba Fett is a neat character I don't think he'll be able to hold his own movie by himself, toss in a few other bounty hunters and maybe a hero and we might possibly have an interesting movie on our hands. Honestly I'd rather see other characters get individual movies instead.

i've believed for a while, to actually make an "anthology" film... SW meets creepshow. make a 3 hr film with say an hour on Fett, hour on Kenobi, hour on _____, etc, etc. Plus a killer writer could even have 2 tales that meld into the third if it was planned out right. Just because a character may not have a logical feature length prospect in him, maybe try something else. TCW spent plenty of story arcs & episodes on very different supporting characters' experiences and historical development. Sy Snootles in a relationship then shooting Ziro was magic, for example-albeit a small one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Idpullthecurtain View Post
    I think it so lazy, and boring. I wish they would move away from these old characters and start writing some new stories. The possibilities are endless.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt60 View Post
    that's like telling Marvel to create a different superhero just for the movies: forget spiderman. create AntelopeMan. he was bitten by a radioactive antelope.
    using "old characters" is lazy. and boring. they should just move away from the "old characters" and create new ones... the possibilities are endless... etc.

(( if marvel sutdios made a movie about AnelopeMan ..(dibs on royalties, btw).. then would it still be a "marvel movie"? since it has no marvel characters in it?
    what makes it Marvel? is it simply the name of the studio? and not the inherited legacy of the characters?))

and/or:

Disney paid $4.2B for these "old characters" -- why would they create new characters, without at least exploring the ones they already PAID FOR? that's kinda why they bought them in the first place.

--> you don't buy a collection of vingate kenner figures, only to "bin them" and sculpt your own from scratch, because the old ones are "boring". and out of sheer arrogance you feel like YOU can do it "better" with your eyes closed.

(( if that were truly the case , then they wouldn't have spent $4.2billion on Star Wars; they would have made a go of it, with John Carter instead. (because the possibilities are 'endless' in THAT universe too) -- they could just create "new characters" to replace John Carter and be done with it -- why buy Star Wars? at all? if the expectation is to scrap the existing characters and create new ones anyways? --> forget Boba Fett --> just make a "Star Wars" movie about AntelopeMan... (!) ... dibs on royalties!!!bwahaha!!!))
    I dont agree at all. The difference is the main player in the OT have already had their story told! We had those films, we have seen Lukes story, we have already seen Boba Fetts glory days, we know Obi-Wans path: its been told. Their backstories are just that. Their notable adventures have been covered. What I would be excited about is other stories within the SW world, like R1 for example. Thats a perfect example of what they could and should do. I also think some of TCW episodes are incredible and would have made amazing films, like Landing at Point Rain, Darkness of Umbara, Rookies etc and thats just Clone Wars stories. The possibilities are endless. I think its such a waste to go back to Han, Obi-Wan, Fett etc etc. LFL/Disney have got an opportunity to give us something totally new, like R1.
    Most wanted figures: Vedain, Luke Bespin (Beatup version), Fozec, Taym Dren Garen, Sim Aloo

right, I too think overusing these characters will get tiresome to many fans. it''s like the merch-everything everywhere is Vader, Yoda, R2 etc too much of the same IMO. Certainly they sell and what can I say, but as a fan going on 40 years of this, really hungry for something new in the vein of the old, not the old renewed. I agree R1 is indeed a great start. Also-let us not forget the first SW spin offs-Ewoks:Caravan of Courage & The Battle for Endor. I know the actual new canon era is based on direct story linkage to the saga films and lore, but those films should be recognized. I only mention these because their anniversary (Thanksgiving) week is approaching and I watch them every season. Seems the Solo film you'd have to think is potentially gonna be a combo deal-meeting Chewie, winning the falcon from Lando and pissing Jabba off? Sounds cool, but let's hope it all rocks. I predict IX may be the last "saga" film, & spin offs & original new tales most likely will take over, but ya never know... new films may be easier to keep fans attached rather than expect commitment to sequels these days, so much ADHD in the new world.
    Last edited by jpolli666; 11-16-2016 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jpolli666 View Post
    Seems the Solo film you'd have to think is potentially gonna be a combo deal-meeting Chewie, winning the falcon from Lando and pissing Jabba off? Sounds cool, but let's hope it all rocks.
    I can't think of anything worse.
    The mystique will all be gone, just like with Boba Fett and the ridiculous cartoon and EU over-usage of the Mandalorian trope.

Less is more.
    May you live in interesting times.

Quote Originally Posted by jpolli666 View Post
    Also-let us not forget the first SW spin offs-Ewoks:Caravan of Courage & The Battle for Endor. I know the actual new canon era is based on direct story linkage to the saga films and lore, but those films should be recognized. I only mention these because their anniversary (Thanksgiving) week is approaching and I watch them every season.
    I agree, and, also, for better or worse, I actually quite like those films.
    "I mean, really, how many times will you look under Jabba's manboobs?" - bkusna

Black Series 6" Wish List: Aemon Gremm, Moff Jerjerrod, Death Star Gunner, Ponda Baba, Dr. Evazan.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast