Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Third Anthology Movie Confirmed for 2020

KOTOR era, new canon-yeah I'd see that before remaking what exists... but how could they NOT use so much of what's there?! criminal...maybe after the ST the Skywalker lore will be over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    I know, right? I can't wait till EP12 gets here, and we can watch what happens to Luke's great great grandson's twin sister's Daughter! Yeah Baby!

I don't need them to redo any main characters from KotOR, just set in that era. There are plenty of heroes beside a Skywalker/Solo.

Quote Originally Posted by jpolli666 View Post
    criminal...maybe after the ST the Skywalker lore will be over.
    Luke can't live forever and will have to be killed off at some point (hopefully ep9), this will pave way for Rey to kill his attacker and the story can evolve from that point on.

Quote Originally Posted by GNT View Post
    Luke can't live forever and will have to be killed off at some point (hopefully ep9), this will pave way for Rey to kill his attacker and the story can evolve from that point on.
    I would hope they don't get stuck in the cycle of Jedi X having to overcome or save Sith Y. I also don't see a need for the ongoing Saga films to remain focused on the Skywalker family. I'd expect it, by necessity, to broaden in scope and focus on whoever the main figures are on the Jedi side of the equation. I also don't see any reason why the timeline has to advance by just a small amount with each new movie. Once they wrap a storyline it might serve them better to have the next movie take place 10, 20 or 40 years later. At some point, one side is going to need more than a couple years to regroup, rebuild and be a viable threat to the other. I'm guessing we won't have a clearer idea until EX comes out.

Well, that's what I've been expecting to happen anyways. Ep7-9 were about the old heroes passing it down to he next Generation. So those three will e use to introduce Rey, Poe, Finn etc. While using Han Leia and Luke as anchors, and to make the new story/characters relate-able. Then I expected EP10 and up to focus on the new guys.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Well, that's what I've been expecting to happen anyways. Ep7-9 were about the old heroes passing it down to he next Generation. So those three will e use to introduce Rey, Poe, Finn etc. While using Han Leia and Luke as anchors, and to make the new story/characters relate-able. Then I expected EP10 and up to focus on the new guys.
    Right. My point, though, is that it doesn't have to be an ongoing Skywalker Saga. Whether Rey is a Skywalker is irrelevant at this point since Kylo Ren is. Once he's redeemed, killed off or whatever, there's no good reason the following trilogy needs to be about him, or Rey, or Rey and Finn's love child, etc. Anakin or Luke, however you want to look at it, already brought balance to the Force. Sure, it might be out of balance again, but once they've fulfilled their Force destiny the story really doesn't need to focus on them anymore. I don't have a problem having Luke, Leia, Chewiee and maybe even the droids stick around for another 6-12 movies, but is that at all necessary? I don't think it's even necessary to follow Rey, etc. indefinitely. If they don't skip a decade or so at some point the whole thing risks getting a bit silly. At some point the new Rebellion either has to win or lose. Once that happens it's going to take some time for the losing side to rebuild. The only plausible ways they can keep the main saga going is to have the Rebellion lose over and over and over or skip a decade/generation or two and rejoin the saga with the Empire (or whatever name they're using now) back in power. Otherwise, where's the drama? Sure, they can have the Rebellion win and then have a new threat ala EI, but even that would require some fast forward in time in order to avoid being hokey. Otherwise you're left with the heroes celebrating the defeat of Snoke and the First Order only to turn around and say, "Oh, wait! There's a new Sith in town! Where the heck was he when Snoke and Darth Finn were in need of his help?!? It just doesn't make sense!!!"

So do you think this is the former Josh Trank film of a different project? It would be a shame if they scrapped the former Josh Trank film and not just hire a new director for it.
    Closure for the EU - Release The Sword of the Jedi Trilogy

I hear a lot of talk about Boba Fett, and also Obi-wan. I think both have some good "potential."
    Looking to trade?
    My Feedback - My Trade Thread

Possibly, but Fett's origins were basically ruined by AOTC. So who knows what kind of movie we'd get now. Obi-Wan has already had enough screen time to suit me fine, I don't think I could learn much more about him at this point. there might b couple more adventures, but would be best suited for TV/Netflix to do one season on.

I think it's time now, to start thinking outside of the past characters. Hopefully Rogue One will prove this, and it will usher in new eras and characters.
    TBH, I can only handle so much reuse of Vader, Han, Luke etc.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

5009 generations of skywalkers is part of why I quit reading the awful EU crap. Hopefully the 3rd standalone focuses on newer characters and not on boba fett or obi wan. Obi Wan's story has been told just fine in the new comics and Fett is overhyped AF.

Possibly, but Fett's origins were basically ruined by AOTC. So who knows what kind of movie we'd get now.
    Not really he's a clone of the baddest *** bounty hunter ever??? They could do his backstory justice...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast