Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What TFA figures would you like to see repacked or carried forward?

I have Han solo. But he was so poorly distributed that I feel he deserves to be carried forward. Rey has been carried forward multiple times as has Finn. Poe has had tons of figures. He was one of the main characters of the movie. Just because he's available online doesn't mean he isn't worthy of being repacked. I mean even zuvio, and asty were re-released.

This isn't a thread about who we don't own but about who deserves another go around for the general collecting public.
    “What’s a Star War?”

I don't feel any TFA figures need carried forward, we need unmade character that should have been made!
    One look at just about any store will tell you, there's plenty already out.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

It's Hasbro, repacks are a way of life. Always have, always will. I'll look at a store and say yes, there is no reason to ever repack wave 2 ever again, but other figures absolutely.

But in the event they do repacks like a commemorative 4-pack or just a greatest hits line there are certain figures that probably should be in rotation.

So figures that were either in short supply or are more iconic should be available down the road. Maybe even as a filler wave between movies. You know a wave with some sought after figures with maybe a few new characters mixed in.

I've always been of the opinion that stormtroopers should always be available, at least every other year for instance.
    “What’s a Star War?”

I don't think any of them really need to (except Han) since we will see new costumes for all the mains anyway. If E8 starts off where TFA ended, then Resistance Rey. Other than those two, any HTF character (which is subjective since I see maskless Ren and Ackbar all the time but have never seen Han or Rey.)

I agree. Imperial armybuilders should be repacked all the time (and every other wave should be a standard Stormtrooper). I will never need more than one of a unique figure (except to customize) but I can always use more soldiers.

I suspect the generic rebels are clogging the pegs everywhere, but I'm not surprised. If I could only have 5 good guys, I would want the mains (and perhaps one generic to be killed off by the FO.

I dont want to see any of them carried over. IMO, only Bala Tik, Lor San Tekka, and the other Unkar Thug are characters i'd like to see made. Leia and Luke are almost destined to be in the wave 1 release of Episode 8, so I can wait on those, and since the opening begins right where Ep7 leaves off, my guess is they will make that Luke variant in wave 1. There are of course, about 10 or so figures from Maz's castle that would be nice, but none of them are that important, although it would be nice to see a exclusive 5 pack or so with some of those characters in it. But many of those would be like Sarco Plank and sit on the shelves.

Overall, I think Hasbro did a decent job in the selection of characters for the Force Awakens. There just aren't many remaining to be made, and I have a sneaking suspicion they will do the same for Rogue One. It's just how they distributed them - Han Solo should have been in wave 2 instead of PZ, or Goss Towers.

My son is getting me to see the light with the Rebels characters, as he plays with those now more than the Force Awakens lineup, but overall, I think hasbro did a decent job in the selection of figures, but I don't want to see any carried forward. All of them except for perhaps the Unmasked Kylo wave were easy to obtain online. Time to move on from Force Awakens, and bring on Rogue One.

I don't want to obtain TFA figures online, I want to obtain them at a store at a clearence, I don't want to pay the regular retail price for these figures, especially when I plan on just using the head sculpt off of it, and maybe one accessory of it to make a SA figure of them like they should have been!

Some of those characters they made TFA figures for I don't even remember seeing in the movie like the Resistance Troopers, and the one with the China Man hat, what was the point of these, and after they realized these weren't even in the movie, why didn't Hasbro just stop production on these, what was the point of mass producing these lame characters that no one really wants, or cares about?

Quote Originally Posted by DARTHGRIMM View Post
    Some of those characters they made TFA figures for I don't even remember seeing in the movie like the Resistance Troopers, and the one with the China Man hat, what was the point of these, and after they realized these weren't even in the movie, why didn't Hasbro just stop production on these, what was the point of mass producing these lame characters that no one really wants, or cares about?
    The Resistance Troopers and Zuvio (china hat guy) are in the film.

Hard to see though as they are only in the background for a couple of scenes or so each.

I saw the movie twice, and I don't remember seeing them in it, but I'm sure they are somewhere, I still don't see what the point was of producing these characters, I would rather have a Luke, or a General Leia, than either one of these lousy characters!

Quote Originally Posted by DARTHGRIMM View Post
    I saw the movie twice, and I don't remember seeing them in it, but I'm sure they are somewhere, I still don't see what the point was of producing these characters, I would rather have a Luke, or a General Leia, than either one of these lousy characters!
    Kids need good guy soldiers to fight against the stormtroopers I guess.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast