Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebel X-Wing Fighter "Value Line"

This is the sculpt that will most likely get the Spartan paint deco! lol

Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by yojoebro82 View Post
    I remember how sad I was as a child of the 80s. 4 years old in 1984 and all I wanted was to be able to hold my X-Wing fighter in my tiny little four year old hands without dropping it. Sure I could fit a figure inside but it really was inappropriately proportioned for me.

.................said NO CHILD EVER!

Who's running this toy line????

lol hilarious

These actually remind me of when I was 8, I received a 1989 toy biz batmobile. Came WITH a batman figure. I was so excited.

And upon opening the box it was that underscaled "Turbine" sound one with a non-removable plastic molded batman torso in the front seat. I wasn't impressed.

They've had the Millenium Falcon one of these at my local Dollar General for a while now. It never really looked impressive enough to be worth even $15 to me, although I will admit that I've never actually seen the toy out of the box.

As someone who grew up in a low-income household, I can definitely appreciate what Hasbro is trying to do here. With vehicle toys crossing into the $40-$300 range, there needs to be an alternative for kids whose parents could never hope to afford a $50 X-Wing.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    They've had the Millenium Falcon one of these at my local Dollar General for a while now. It never really looked impressive enough to be worth even $15 to me, although I will admit that I've never actually seen the toy out of the box.

As someone who grew up in a low-income household, I can definitely appreciate what Hasbro is trying to do here. With vehicle toys crossing into the $40-$300 range, there needs to be an alternative for kids whose parents could never hope to afford a $50 X-Wing.

Theres a $50 rogue one xwing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Julythrunov View Post
    Theres a $50 rogue one xwing ?
    I think you missed the point he was making, which is a very valid one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You disappoint me! Yoda holds you in such high esteem --- SURELY you can do better!

Quote Originally Posted by lordtyrannus View Post
    I think you missed the point he was making, which is a very valid one.

nope I didn't. I didn't miss the point at all. In fact within my question was a counter point that I was making. He's claiming this is an "alternative", to something. There is no other classic Star Wars x wing aimed at people with more money to spend. If you want a rogue one x wing, this IS your only option. The "value line" while it may very well be for low income families, is not the problem. The problem is...there's no high quality rogue one classic xwing alternative.

SO in summary before you worry about what I might have missed...worry about what YOU may have missed.

The line as a whole is an alternative to overpriced vehicle toys. Just because there is not a 1:1 correlation with releases among those overpriced vehicle toys, doesn't change that fact.

I don't plan to buy any of them at this moment, but I do think this line is a good idea and should probably be expanded to include more vehicles. It would almost be like a resurrected Action Fleet line, without the mini-figures.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by Julythrunov View Post
    nope I didn't. I didn't miss the point at all. In fact within my question was a counter point that I was making. He's claiming this is an "alternative", to something. There is no other classic Star Wars x wing aimed at people with more money to spend. If you want a rogue one x wing, this IS your only option. The "value line" while it may very well be for low income families, is not the problem. The problem is...there's no high quality rogue one classic xwing alternative.
    No, this is not a problem for anyone except entitled collectors.

You disappoint me! Yoda holds you in such high esteem --- SURELY you can do better!

We'll see, when this thing shelfwarms and goes to $5 clearance! Just how popular it is...

I agree, it's nice to have something for the lower budget people. But is really too much to ask for one in the Collector line? Honestly, I've had my fill of X-Wings and Pilots. So I don't plan to buy one either way. But I suspect that any kid would be disappointed when you cannot put the pilot inside.
    TBH, there are plenty other avenues for smaller ships. I see them all the time, all the way up from micro scale.

Though with the trend these days, I'm surprised they're even wasting the energy on them. It seems most of this stuff just ends up on Clearance, I'm surprised if they make any money anymore.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast