Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Emperorís Royal Guard

Quote Originally Posted by ThallJoben View Post
    Truly stoked about this ERG TBS re-release (of TVC figure). I never got the previous release, and really like this character(s). There really haven't been that many decent ERG figures in the modern line, outside of the 2005 figure (which I never got, due to it being HTF) and TVC.

The POTF2 '97 "salt-shaker" ERG is a P.O.S. - the '83 Vintage version (with cloth goods) was far superior.
    And remains so today.
    Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning

If Hasbro could find a way to maybe close the cloak like on the vintage figure that would be great. The other thing I want them to do is not back the figure have a removable helmet. That was the problem I had with the vintage one. Helmet would not stay on because of the cloak.

Well it's about time this figure got rereleased. Hopefully they are not impossible to find. I only have 1 from the vintage collection.
    Flickr

RIP Star Wars

I still use the 83 vision as my main version of these guys and I have 6 of the saga(?) version but almost never display of play with them I just cant stand the plastic robes.

I will certainly get two of this, might get 6 depending on availability and whatever else I am hunting at the time ( The fall gi Joes look SWEET) if I find plenty of them during a draught of other stuff to get I might even get more than that.
    Dea wanna wanga

Unfortunately, this figure is ruined by the EU armor under the robes, so I'll most likely pass on it again.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Unfortunately, this figure is ruined by the EU armor under the robes, so I'll most likely pass on it again.
    There's no armor underneath the robes for this version. He's wearing robes underneath as well...unless that is what you meant?

Quote Originally Posted by starwarsguy View Post
    There's no armor underneath the robes for this version. He's wearing robes underneath as well...unless that is what you meant?
    No, I guess I never paid close enough attention to the figure because of the removable EU armor included in the bubble (which felt like an insult on the vintage card, but will probably be pretty easy to ignore in this new packaging).

So, it's just a rerelease of this figure?

If so, that's pretty cool, but I am gluing the helmet on to cover up that lame EU headsculpt.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

If so, that's pretty cool, but I am gluing the helmet on to cover up that lame EU headsculpt.
    Hear, Hear, this coming from an EU fan. I thought the extra pieces and head were unnecessary the first time around, and wouldn't have missed them in this release.
    Vedain, 8D8, Klaatu, Lak Sivrak, Barada, Tessek, EV-9D9, Yotts Orren, Velken Tezeri, Fozec... Dreaming

It's a great figure so hope to snare a few, but if they had updated the outer robe and had a fixed helmet inline with the screen or kenner version it would be greater in my view. The kenner one is still amazing, have a few of them and still holds up well.

So, it's just a rerelease of this figure?
    Yup it should be.

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast